The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Does anyone know how long Newcastle Uni takes to answer an enquiry?

Hey. I applied to enter Newcastle University this year and realised I had selected the slightly wrong course (instead of just computer science it was computer science with cyber security).

Unfortunately, I noticed this a day after the UCAS deadlines so I sent an enquiry through their online portal. This was on the 27th of January.

Yesterday I got an email that they accepted my application for the course with cyber security, so I'm scared they might change their minds about me changing course. :laugh:

I'd be fine with going in for CS with Cyber Security, but I'd rather choose the more generalised course to get a better feel the field of CS.

I know they must be very busy right now dealing with all the applicants, but I'm scared they might have lost my enquiry since it's almost been 3 weeks! :laugh:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm scared they might change their minds about me changing course. :laugh:

I meant they might not allow me to change course*. Sorry for any confusion, I don't see an option to edit the thread.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hey. I applied to enter Newcastle University this year and realised I had selected the slightly wrong course (instead of just computer science it was computer science with cyber security).

Unfortunately, I noticed this a day after the UCAS deadlines so I sent an enquiry through their online portal. This was on the 27th of January.

Yesterday I got an email that they accepted my application for the course with cyber security, so I'm scared they might change their minds about me changing course. :laugh:

I'd be fine with going in for CS with Cyber Security, but I'd rather choose the more generalised course to get a better feel the field of CS.

I know they must be very busy right now dealing with all the applicants, but I'm scared they might have lost my enquiry since it's almost been 3 weeks! :laugh:

Hi Anonymous #1

To check on your enquiry, please contact our Student Recruitment Team directly.

You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, using our Live Chat Service on our website, or submitting a question through our Enquiry Form.

Hope this helps

Elliott
Reply 3
I applied on the 18th of April for an MRes. I'm hoping I get a response before the end of this week to use in applying for the vice chancellor excellence scholarship whose deadline is next week. If the offer comes after the 25th 😒
I applied on the 18th of April for an MRes. I'm hoping I get a response before the end of this week to use in applying for the vice chancellor excellence scholarship whose deadline is next week. If the offer comes after the 25th 😒

Hi Anonymous #2

Due to the high number of applications for our Postgraduate programmes this year, there is a delay in decisions being sent out. We do apologise for this and our Postgraduate Admissions Team are working through applications as quickly as they can.

To check on the status of your application, please contact us by calling calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, using our Live Chat Service on our website, or submitting a question through our Enquiry Form.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending