The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University - Ask the Admissions Team

Welcome to Newcastle University’s Ask the Admissions Team thread!

We’re here to help with any questions you have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, from entry requirements to application support, or anything else you can think of!

We aim to get back to you within one working day, but if you would like to contact the Team directly you can call 0191 208 3333 on weekdays or use the live chat service on our website.

Elliott, Hana, Scott D & Scott S

Student Recruitment & Admissions, Newcastle University
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, how long will it take roughly to hear back after an application is sent? :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by isla21!
Hi, how long will it take roughly to hear back after an application is sent? :smile:

Hi @isla21!, we aim to process all applications as soon as possible after they are received, but this can take longer during busy times, and where courses have other admissions processes involved (for example interviews or portfolios). Which course have you applied for?

Scott D
Reply 3
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @isla21!, we aim to process all applications as soon as possible after they are received, but this can take longer during busy times, and where courses have other admissions processes involved (for example interviews or portfolios). Which course have you applied for?

Scott D

Thank you and Biomedical genetics :smile:
Original post by isla21!
Thank you and Biomedical genetics :smile:

Afternoon @isla21!, that's great to hear. We'll aim to process your application as soon as we can, so please keep checking the Apply to Newcastle Portal and your UCAS Hub account for updates! Have you visited Newcastle and the University before?

Scott D
Reply 5
Afternoon @isla21!, that's great to hear. We'll aim to process your application as soon as we can, so please keep checking the Apply to Newcastle Portal and your UCAS Hub account for updates! Have you visited Newcastle and the University before?

Scott D

Thank you! I visited in June for the open day and I really liked it, but before then I'd never been :smile: The city is really cool!
Original post by isla21!
Thank you! I visited in June for the open day and I really liked it, but before then I'd never been :smile: The city is really cool!

I'm glad you enjoyed visiting our campus during our Open Day @isla21!

I have lived in Newcastle all of my life so I would agree it is a cool city. If you want, you could chat to current students about how they find living here via UniBuddy.

Hana :smile:
My daughter has recently received an offer for the geography and planning course at Newcastle which is great news but the conditional offer she received (ABB) is higher than the required grades specified for that particular course (BBB). This has come as a bit of a shock as her five choices for UCAS were all based on the specified required grades. Why would the offer be higher than the advertised required grades?
Original post by Anonymous
My daughter has recently received an offer for the geography and planning course at Newcastle which is great news but the conditional offer she received (ABB) is higher than the required grades specified for that particular course (BBB). This has come as a bit of a shock as her five choices for UCAS were all based on the specified required grades. Why would the offer be higher than the advertised required grades?

Hi,

Congratulations to your daughter for receiving an offer for our Geography and Planning BA Honours programme. You are correct that the standard A Level entry requirements for this programme for 2023 Entry are: BBB including Geography.

I have spoken with the Undergraduate Admissions Team and any offers being ABB for this programme is due to a clerical error which should be fixed now. We apologise for the error and any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Hana
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi,

Congratulations to your daughter for receiving an offer for our Geography and Planning BA Honours programme. You are correct that the standard A Level entry requirements for this programme for 2023 Entry are: BBB including Geography.

I have spoken with the Undergraduate Admissions Team and any offers being ABB for this programme is due to a clerical error which should be fixed now. We apologise for the error and any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Hana

Thank you for confirming. My daughter received confirmation of this separately via the University website chat since my original post so she's very happy.
Hi, I’ve applied Pharmacy MPharm Honours B230 before 15th October, and haven't heard anything yet, quite worried now
Original post by jessie.01
Hi, I’ve applied Pharmacy MPharm Honours B230 before 15th October, and haven't heard anything yet, quite worried now

Hi @jessie.01

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. There is no specific timescale that we respond within because each application is considered individually.

However, all applicants who apply before/on the 25th of January 2023 will receive a decision by the 18th of May 2023.

If you have any further queries relating to your application, you are welcome to get in touch with us by filling in our enquiries form.

Best wishes,
Hana
Hi, I applied to Newcastle University on 15th Jan, the portal says results will be announced within 20 days. I still haven't heard back. Could you let me know by when can I expect the results?
Hi, I applied to Newcastle University for HCI on 15th Jan, the portal says results will be announced within 20 days. I still haven't heard back. Could you let me know by when can I expect the results?

Welcome to Newcastle University’s Ask the Admissions Team thread!

We’re here to help with any questions you have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, from entry requirements to application support, or anything else you can think of!

We aim to get back to you within one working day, but if you would like to contact the Team directly you can call 0191 208 3333 on weekdays or use the live chat service on our website.

Elliott, Hana, Scott D & Scott S

Student Recruitment & Admissions, Newcastle University

Is there only 4 of you processing applications?
Original post by PQ

They're doing well to turn everyone around within 20 days if so :smile:
I am interested in Medicine.

1.What your view on someone doing an apprenticeship in Dental Nursing as a way of getting some clinical experience and interacting with patients? I have a twofold interest in Dental Nursing because the mentioned gaining clinical experience and also the possibility of becoming a Aesthetic Practitioner and offer blemish removal and supplement my student income.

2.Will Newcastle Medical School ever do the Medical Apprenticeships?

3. We live in a multicultural society with many different languages. What languages are the most frequently requested and would learning sign language or how to write braille be advantages.

An inspiring story blind Barrister:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11407433/UKs-blind-black-barrister-say-smashed-glass-roof.html

4. Every Medical School has something special about them. What makes Newcastle Medical School especially unique in comparison to other.

5. On this site some students think their life is over if the have failed in their GCSE. I would like to here from Newcastle University prospective where as it not ideal. Would you still consider them for all your subjects if they perhaps did a retake or A/S it or A level and done well in that?

Thank you for your time
Original post by polkadot_05
Hi, I applied to Newcastle University for HCI on 15th Jan, the portal says results will be announced within 20 days. I still haven't heard back. Could you let me know by when can I expect the results?

Hey, I applied to Newcastle's MSc HCI on 23rd November and received an offer just a couple of days ago on 10th February. I emailed them back in Jan asking if there was any hold up in my application process and was told that the delay is due to a high volume of application being received. Not sure if that is what helped in getting a decision but you could try emailing them as well.
Original post by PQ

Original post by Admit-One
They're doing well to turn everyone around within 20 days if so :smile:

Hi @PQ and @Admit-One

We work within the Student Recruitment Team helping applicants with any questions that they may have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, with queries across a range of topics including entry requirements, accommodation, and much more!

We work with the Admissions Team at the university to provide support to applicants around any questions they have about joining Newcastle University.

Elliott :smile:
Original post by truecheesecake
Hey, I applied to Newcastle's MSc HCI on 23rd November and received an offer just a couple of days ago on 10th February. I emailed them back in Jan asking if there was any hold up in my application process and was told that the delay is due to a high volume of application being received. Not sure if that is what helped in getting a decision but you could try emailing them as well.

Original post by polkadot_05

Hi @truecheesecake, congratulations on receiving an offer for Newcastle University !!!

Our Admissions Teams do try to process applications as quickly as they can, but sometimes it can take longer to assess applications. @polkadot_05, if you would like to check on the status of your application, please contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 on weekdays or use the live chat service on our website.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending