The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Mental health nursing timetable

Hi! Are there any MHN students that could help me with the timetable? I am starting in Sep 23.
When am I likely to receive my timetable? Any rough ideas on holidays/term dates etc. Trying to book a holiday for next year but I need to know how it will affect the course! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Hanmrd14
Hi! Are there any MHN students that could help me with the timetable? I am starting in Sep 23.
When am I likely to receive my timetable? Any rough ideas on holidays/term dates etc. Trying to book a holiday for next year but I need to know how it will affect the course! Thanks :smile:

Hi,

You probably won't receive the timetable for your course until September which will give you exact dates that you will be off uni. Also I didn't study this course but here are the key term dates at Hallam, although placements and assignments dates will be different for every course so it might be better to wait until you know for definite. Hope this helps slightly :smile:

Best wishes,
Phoebe
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi,

You probably won't receive the timetable for
your course until September which will give you exact dates that you will be off uni. Also I didn't study this course but here are the key term dates at Hallam, although placements and assignments dates will be different for every course so it might be better to wait until you know for definite. Hope this helps slightly :smile:

Best wishes,
Phoebe

That’s really helpful, thankyou!!
X
Hi I was just wondering what your timetable looks like? I’m starting sept 2024. When do lectures actually start x
Original post by Tonilou04
Hi I was just wondering what your timetable looks like? I’m starting sept 2024. When do lectures actually start x

Hi @Tonilou04 ,

Every course is different and I don't study nursing or a health and social care course so I can't comment on what your timetable may look like, however in September 2023, most undergraduate teaching started on the 25th September, with welcome week the week before on the 18th September.
This is the key dates timetable for the academic year 23/24, so it will be slightly different to this when you start in September 2024, but they usually follow a similar pattern: https://www.shu.ac.uk/myhallam/key-dates

Every course is different and I'm not sure what a typical mental health nursing timetable looks like and doing placements may mean your timetable is different to the key dates above.
You will get your individual timetable in September which will have all of the individual dates that you are off :smile:

If you wanted to talk to another current student studying at Hallam, you can do so here: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/student-chat
There may be someone on there who does a nursing course and can tell you what their timetable was like to give you a better idea of what yours may be like!

I hope this helps,
Lucy -SHU student ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending