The Student Room Group

resitting a levels and reapplying without predictions

i didn’t get the grades i wanted this year and i’m planning to resit but if i wanna resit then i’d want to also reapply to better universities for example kings or warwick (minimum entry requirements are AAA way higher than what i achieved), i know when you’re applying without predictions you need to state your achieved a level grades and also put pending to alert universities youre resitting, but won’t this disadvantage me when i’m applying when they look at my achieved grades
Original post by coispet
i didn’t get the grades i wanted this year and i’m planning to resit but if i wanna resit then i’d want to also reapply to better universities for example kings or warwick (minimum entry requirements are AAA way higher than what i achieved), i know when you’re applying without predictions you need to state your achieved a level grades and also put pending to alert universities youre resitting, but won’t this disadvantage me when i’m applying when they look at my achieved grades

Would you be resitting via a school / college, or doing so independently as a private candidate? If via a school / college, then they can supply predictions. If you have no way of getting a new predicted grade (perhaps via your old school / college?) then the universities will have to make some assumptions about what your retake grades will likely be.

I have seen one member of an admissions team (who posts in TSR) say they their uni assumes a one grade uplift in each subject. Would that get you to AAA?

Also note that some unis aren't keen on retake candidates anyway (unless there are mitigating circumstances), so check their admissions policy carefully.
More important than your predictions is who will provide you with an academic reference.

They have the option to provide predicted grades so you need to start the conversation with them as soon as possible to find out how they will provide your reference and if they’re willing then what information they need from you to provide predicted grades.
Reply 3
Contact your last school and ask if you can apply through their UCAS portal - they can then add a school reference, and they may also be willing to provide predicted grades for your resits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending