The Student Room Group

Predicted grades when you have achieved grades already

I'm private candidate and was wondering whether my centre will be asked on their side of the UCAS portal to provide predicted grades for the one subject I'm resitting, given that I already have an achieved grade in it? Thanks.
If you apply as an independant applicant, you still have to provide the name of an academoc referee, and they will add your predicted grades.Its up to them if they want to predict your resit grade. You MUST also include your previous grade for this resit in the qualifications section.

Only if you are applying through a school/college UCAS portal will an exam centre be involved in this.
Your referee will have the option to provide predicted grades for all qualifications with a pending/future award date.

You list qualifications that you’re resitting twice. Once with the original awarded grade and once with a future award date.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Your referee will have the option to provide predicted grades for all qualifications with a pending/future award date.

You list qualifications that you’re resitting twice. Once with the original awarded grade and once with a future award date.

Ah ok, thank you, so it's not compulsory then to provide a predicted grade for the resit?
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
If you apply as an independant applicant, you still have to provide the name of an academoc referee, and they will add your predicted grades.Its up to them if they want to predict your resit grade. You MUST also include your previous grade for this resit in the qualifications section.

Only if you are applying through a school/college UCAS portal will an exam centre be involved in this.

Thank you, so if I'm just sitting the exam at a centre, do I not still need to link my application to the centre?
Original post by Faith_24
Ah ok, thank you, so it's not compulsory then to provide a predicted grade for the resit?

No predicted grades are compulsory. Referees can always choose not to provide them
Reply 6
hi, I'm re-applying as an independent candidate and my previous sixth form are providing me with a reference but they won't give a predicted grade (they've said to get a new predicted grade from a private tutor)

am I supposed to enter the new predicted grade myself or if my tutor is supposed to enter it how can I give them access to my ucas account?
Reply 7
Original post by d3rin13
hi, I'm re-applying as an independent candidate and my previous sixth form are providing me with a reference but they won't give a predicted grade (they've said to get a new predicted grade from a private tutor)

am I supposed to enter the new predicted grade myself or if my tutor is supposed to enter it how can I give them access to my ucas account?

I think @PQ would be able to give you a good answer. I hope it all goes well.
Original post by d3rin13

Only your nominated referee can provide a prediction. You can either nominate your tutor or ask your tutor to liaise with your school/college if you are nominating them again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending