The Student Room Group

A level Resit Candidate

Hello everyone,
I am currently in the process of independently resitting 2 of my A Levels. I am concerned about the need for references and predicted grades for UCAS and applications for degree apprenticeships. I have an exam centre that I am going to apply to, to officially resit my exams. Do they provide references and predicted grades for me, if I choose to use their tutors or do they not? Can a tutor provide predicted grades and references for me. I am worried about asking my sixth form as they most likely to say no.
Original post by samirahk2004
Hello everyone,
I am currently in the process of independently resitting 2 of my A Levels. I am concerned about the need for references and predicted grades for UCAS and applications for degree apprenticeships. I have an exam centre that I am going to apply to, to officially resit my exams. Do they provide references and predicted grades for me, if I choose to use their tutors or do they not? Can a tutor provide predicted grades and references for me. I am worried about asking my sixth form as they most likely to say no.

Hey Samirahk,
I just finished applying UCAS as a private candidate as I'm resitting next year. I've been having tuition privately so one of my tutors did my reference and predicated grades. All you need is someone who has taught you academically to do your reference and you'll be fine. DM if you want more help :smile:
Reply 2
Many schools / colleges will still give you a reference even if you are resitting on a gap year etc, and some will also give you predicted grades - just give them a call after 2 Jan and ask.
Reply 3
Original post by anormalstudent1
Hey Samirahk,
I just finished applying UCAS as a private candidate as I'm resitting next year. I've been having tuition privately so one of my tutors did my reference and predicated grades. All you need is someone who has taught you academically to do your reference and you'll be fine. DM if you want more help :smile:

Hi there! Thank you so much for your response. I would love to know more about your ucas process, as I have yet to still submit mines. I am planning on getting a tutor in January and hoping they can provide me with a reference!
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Many schools / colleges will still give you a reference even if you are resitting on a gap year etc, and some will also give you predicted grades - just give them a call after 2 Jan and ask.

Thank you for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending