The Student Room Group

HEO Presenting Officer Home Office 2023

I had my interview for this position on 13/03/2023 and just wondered if anyone else has had their interview and heard back yet?

Also is there anyone who have worked in this position and can advise if it's good, stressful, not worth taking, etc.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dtay46
I had my interview for this position on 13/03/2023 and just wondered if anyone else has had their interview and heard back yet?

Also is there anyone who have worked in this position and can advise if it's good, stressful, not worth taking, etc.

Thanks!

Hi I had my interview on the 23rd. Idk if I did well. But I haven’t heard back from them yet.
How was your interview
Reply 2
Original post by Prinny77
Hi I had my interview on the 23rd. Idk if I did well. But I haven’t heard back from them yet.
How was your interview

Hi, why are you not sure if you did well?

I think my interview was okay. I think I came across nervous in my presentation and have no idea if it reached near the 8 minute timeframe but I think I done okay with my strength based questions.

Were you given a time frame as to when you would hear back?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dtay46
Hi, why are you not sure if you did well?

I think my interview was okay. I think I came across nervous in my presentation and have no idea if it reached near the 8 minute timeframe but I think I done okay with my strength based questions.

Were you given a time frame as to when you would hear back?

Hi
I am not sure if I did well because I did not anticipate strength based questions. I did not know how to answer it like structure wise. I only prepared for behaviour questions.

I also did not use the full 8 min but I deliberately did it because I did not want to go over time.

They didn’t give me a time Frame but I am assuming mid April or end April.

What area did you apply for
Reply 4
Hi
I am not sure if I did well because I did not anticipate strength based questions. I did not know how to answer it like structure wise. I only prepared for behaviour questions.

I also did not use the full 8 min but I deliberately did it because I did not want to go over time.

They didn’t give me a time Frame but I am assuming mid April or end April.

What area did you apply for

Hi,

That's fair enough, personally I prefer strength based questions because they are typically ones that you don't need to prepare for. They are more so looking for your initial response as opposed to a rehearsed one, to better understand if you meet the competencies you are being assessed against.

I feel as though I stopped myself as well just to make sure I didn't go over the time but I don't think my presentation was very well structured.

Hopefully we hear back soon as it would be good to be able to plan.

I applied for Glasgow, what about you?
I didn’t know about stern based questions until now. I was giving examples like behaviour questions so I am not sure.
Did you get a confirmation email regarding if they received your interview. Because I haven’t gotten any confirmation that my interview was received.

Original post by dtay46
Hi,

That's fair enough, personally I prefer strength based questions because they are typically ones that you don't need to prepare for. They are more so looking for your initial response as opposed to a rehearsed one, to better understand if you meet the competencies you are being assessed against.

I feel as though I stopped myself as well just to make sure I didn't go over the time but I don't think my presentation was very well structured.

Reply 6
I didn’t know about stern based questions until now. I was giving examples like behaviour questions so I am not sure.
Did you get a confirmation email regarding if they received your interview. Because I haven’t gotten any confirmation that my interview was received.

Hi,

No I haven't received any further correspondence. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 7
Original post by dtay46
Hi,

Hi, I have also applied and I have my interview tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea what topic they will give for the presentation. Would you please help me with this and provide me with information on it? What topic did they give you for presentation? Is there any preparation that I need prior to my interview?
Thank You.
Reply 8
Original post by taryz
Hi, I have also applied and I have my interview tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea what topic they will give for the presentation. Would you please help me with this and provide me with information on it? What topic did they give you for presentation? Is there any preparation that I need prior to my interview?
Thank You.

Hi, how did you get on? Unfortunately there is no way to prepare for the interview as they give you the topic just before your interview commences and I wouldn't want to jeopardise the interview process by divulging any information online.
Reply 9
Yea they said we will get the results on the 15th of May

Original post by dtay46
Hi,

No I haven't received any further correspondence. Have you heard anything yet?
Has anyone revived any further updates?
Reply 11
Original post by Scottish1234

No have you? Did you apply for glasgow?
Haven’t received anything and yeah I applied for Glasgow. I ran over my presentation I spent too much time on the background so not sure what my scores will be
Reply 13
Haven’t received anything and yeah I applied for Glasgow. I ran over my presentation I spent too much time on the background so not sure what my scores will be

i also applied for glasgow :smile: i'm sure you have done great. there has been lots of time to over-analyse so you are probably worrying when you don't need to. I didn't use up all of my time on the presentation so I am worried I didn't say enough!
Hi all, feeling a bit of healthy competition here 😂

I’ve also applied for Glasgow position as well.

I’m sure we all did well, and hope we all should hear back soon!
Reply 15
Original post by -Wise-Silver1122

Oh dear it'll be a free for all! 😂

I am sure they will be accepting a specific amount of candidates for each area, plus the campaign was so big I'm sure it'll be all good.

How did your interview go?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16

No I haven’t, I am so stressed. I really hope I get this.
Reply 17
Original post by -Wise-Silver1122

I applied to London and I think they will be a lot of applicants for London
I am hoping I get this job sounds very Interesting I just hate the waiting. How many jobs were there?
Original post by dtay46
Oh dear it'll be a free for all! 😂

I am sure they will be accepting a specific amount of candidates for each area, plus the campaign was so big I'm sure it'll be all good.

How did your interview go?

I think I did okay for this one. However, every time I say that, I end up getting rejections 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending