The Student Room Group

Home Office - National Returns Progression Command - Operations Manager

I interviewed a few weeks ago for this role. Does anyone know when the last interview for these roles was?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I interviewed for the senior operations manager (SEO), I believe these interviews were before the HEO roles ( I may be wrong). The last date of interviews for the SEO’s one (when I booked my interview slot) was the 21st February, my portal updated yesterday to say awaiting interview results. I know I did poorly at the interview so have not got my hopes up but hopefully this gives you an idea on how long it may take to get your results. Good luck 🤞
Reply 2
Original post by Nube21
Hi, I interviewed for the senior operations manager (SEO), I believe these interviews were before the HEO roles ( I may be wrong). The last date of interviews for the SEO’s one (when I booked my interview slot) was the 21st February, my portal updated yesterday to say awaiting interview results. I know I did poorly at the interview so have not got my hopes up but hopefully this gives you an idea on how long it may take to get your results. Good luck 🤞

Thank you. my portal has updated to the same awaiting interviewing results message as well today.

Good luck to you as well.
Reply 3
Mine was also for the HEO. It’s only after looking at this thread that I realised the status had even updated to Awaiting Results. I believe I did very poorly though. It was my first ever civil service interview and I was thrown but just how different the interview structure and style was! (Especially the time limit they imposed on answers) I don’t feel like I got an opportunity to share my experiences/examples in the workplace.

Will just have to see I guess! Wishing you guys good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Sctorch
I interviewed a few weeks ago for this role. Does anyone know when the last interview for these roles was?

I seem to remember the last interviews for the HEO role were on 10th March
Reply 5
Mine was also for the HEO. It’s only after looking at this thread that I realised the status had even updated to Awaiting Results. I believe I did very poorly though. It was my first ever civil service interview and I was thrown but just how different the interview structure and style was! (Especially the time limit they imposed on answers) I don’t feel like I got an opportunity to share my experiences/examples in the workplace.
Will just have to see I guess! Wishing you guys good luck!
I did a HO interview for this role and have been put on reserve list today. Anyone else been offered the position? Or is on reserve list. What scores did everyone get?
Has anyone got offered the position? I appear to be put on reserve list for HO role
Reply 8
I received an email saying I’d also been put on the reserves list. I wonder how many reserves they’ve got compared to the available positions that have been filled.
I didn’t know you could check scores - I assume I’d just need to log on to their website for that? What did you get?

Original post by 123456Anonymous
I did a HO interview for this role and have been put on reserve list today. Anyone else been offered the position? Or is on reserve list. What scores did everyone get?
Reply 9
I have also been put on the reserve list. I am hoping they will pull more people off the reserve list once they start getting the EO roles filled.
I am on the reserve list as well. Can anyone remember now many strength questions there were? My overall interview score was 35 what did others score? I’m wondering what place I will be on the merit list. I asked HORC what place I was but they replied saying they won’t tell me. I’ve spoke to other HEO’s and an EO who worked in recruitment and they said it’s pretty likely I’ll get the job off a reserve list. So I’m hopeful. Do you think it’s likely?
To be honest I can’t remember myself how many strength questions there were. If someone remembers how many strengths questions there were and what each is marked out of please let me know. I scored 32 so you are surely before me in that merit list. My understanding is that they may have put everyone on reserve list for now, waiting for EO positions to be filled first. Once they know how many EOs there are, they will then pull people off the HO reserve list.

Please do let me know when you all get offers so I keep an eye out or at least hopeful that I may get it too
Does anyone know whether this role will attract AHA? And whether we will need to do nightshifts, work on public holidays etc?
Original post by SophSL
I received an email saying I’d also been put on the reserves list. I wonder how many reserves they’ve got compared to the available positions that have been filled.
I didn’t know you could check scores - I assume I’d just need to log on to their website for that? What did you get?

Yes on civil service website
Original post by Tabletop12*
I am on the reserve list as well. Can anyone remember now many strength questions there were? My overall interview score was 35 what did others score? I’m wondering what place I will be on the merit list. I asked HORC what place I was but they replied saying they won’t tell me. I’ve spoke to other HEO’s and an EO who worked in recruitment and they said it’s pretty likely I’ll get the job off a reserve list. So I’m hopeful. Do you think it’s likely?

Yeh I think so, what did you score on behaviours and your overall score for strengths?
123456 anonymous.

This job is Flex Time. you work 37 hours and choose when you start / finish as long as you do the core hours. Get all public holidays off.

The strengths are marked out of 4 and behaviours are marked out of 7.

No antisocial hours so there’s no AHA. Flat salary of 32K , normally no overtime for a TL
(edited 1 year ago)
@123456anonymous are you a current HO employee?
Isn’t this role for operational manager as opposed to TL? Even the documents attached to the role refer to AHA so I was confused.
No I am currently an O, what about you?

Original post by Tabletop12*
@123456anonymous are you a current HO employee?
How many strengths questions were there? 6?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending