The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

BRIDGES OR ST GEORGES? Reading university accommodation

I'm not sure which accommodation to pick as my first choice. I am looking for non catered, shared bathroom.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure which accommodation to pick as my first choice. I am looking for non catered, shared bathroom.

what are you studying in uni if you dont mind me asking
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
hi, pharmacy
Original post by kh2021
what are you studying in uni if you dont mind me asking
Original post by Anonymous

Hey Anonymous

Great choices! I think it depends on what your preferences are in terms of location, layout and so on.
I was in Bridges in my first year which I loved! It's just over the lake and near the psychology, agriculture and art buildings. Bridges is very modern and has flats of 10, with options of quiet living too (but I believe St George's also has this option). One of the main reasons I decided on Bridges in the end, was because it is on campus and the kitchen also has sofas in which made it feel a lot more communal which I liked, as most university accommodation doesn't have that.
St George's is also a great option though and I have friends who stayed there, who loved it also. St George's has slightly smaller flats, usually of around 6, and is off campus ever so slightly (but literally just across the road). It's opposite the Sportspark gym and very close to buildings such as Chancellors.

Do you have any preferences for location or flat types? It may be a good idea, if you haven't already, to have a look on the website at the virtual tours to get a better feel for the buildings. You can access that here: Bridges , St Georges.
Let us know if you have any specific questions!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending