The Student Room Group

btec applied science level 3 unit 1 exam

I got a pass in my Unit 1 exam should I resit the exam?
Reply 1
With BTECs, even if you resit, you keep your highest grade. So why not try aim for a higher grade? Basically no risk involved and it will boost your overall grade! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JPF6
With BTECs, even if you resit, you keep your highest grade. So why not try aim for a higher grade? Basically no risk involved and it will boost your overall grade! :smile:

thank you for replying a quick question tho. do i get capped at a certain grade if i resit unit 1 btec applied science level 3?
Reply 3
Original post by bethany145
thank you for replying a quick question tho. do i get capped at a certain grade if i resit unit 1 btec applied science level 3?

What do you mean by this?
Reply 4
Original post by JPF6
What do you mean by this?

like if i sit the exam again will they only allow me to get a merit because i am sitting it again or can i get a distinction
Reply 5
like if i sit the exam again will they only allow me to get a merit because i am sitting it again or can i get a distinction

You can aim as high as you want, i assume this unit only consists of an exam and no other assignments therefore whatever grade you achieve on that exam will be your grade for that unit. You wont be capped at what you can achieve.
Reply 6
Original post by JPF6
You can aim as high as you want, i assume this unit only consists of an exam and no other assignments therefore whatever grade you achieve on that exam will be your grade for that unit. You wont be capped at what you can achieve.

Oh okay thank you very much. If you don't mind me asking. How do you know so much about this?
Reply 7
Oh okay thank you very much. If you don't mind me asking. How do you know so much about this?

I was in the same boat as you, i was studying a L3 BTEC in Business, Finance & Management. I got my exam results back and i got a D and a P so i wanted to resit that exam that i only got a pass on. I was constantly asking around and researching to understand how it works.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7179274
(A previous thread of me panicking thinking I've failed everything :s-smilie: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending