The Student Room Group

BTEC Assignment HELP Urgent!!

Guys i need help! so i am in my first year studying BTEC applied science level 3. in the first year you need to get Merit or distinctions as an average. Because it counts towards next year and getting a pass will lower your grades in the second year even if you have distinctions. i am getting my predicted grades in 2 weeks and i'm afraid i'm going to get predicted passes. Pls share some tips and advise on how to get merits and distinctions. i have one exam unit the rest are coursework. 2,4
Reply 1
Original post by zizi_2
Guys i need help! so i am in my first year studying BTEC applied science level 3. in the first year you need to get Merit or distinctions as an average. Because it counts towards next year and getting a pass will lower your grades in the second year even if you have distinctions. i am getting my predicted grades in 2 weeks and i'm afraid i'm going to get predicted passes. Pls share some tips and advise on how to get merits and distinctions. i have one exam unit the rest are coursework. 2,4

Idk if this helps but take your time to revise for exams and for course work make sure you take your time to complete them, meet all the criterias first time around, as if you get a pass on one of the assignments (on a unit) your overall grade (for that unit) would be a pass.

To get distinctions during the first year, i believe you need to have had distinctions on every assignment and exam from September up until the end of the first year (that's what my teacher told me). To get the merit, you would need mostly distinctions and merits. Since BTEC grades are heavily influenced by assignments, I suggest aiming for distinctions on those and for exams just go in and try your best.

idk whether you'll find that helpful but thats the best advice I have atm...
Original post by shinehwa
Idk if this helps but take your time to revise for exams and for course work make sure you take your time to complete them, meet all the criterias first time around, as if you get a pass on one of the assignments (on a unit) your overall grade (for that unit) would be a pass.

To get distinctions during the first year, i believe you need to have had distinctions on every assignment and exam from September up until the end of the first year (that's what my teacher told me). To get the merit, you would need mostly distinctions and merits. Since BTEC grades are heavily influenced by assignments, I suggest aiming for distinctions on those and for exams just go in and try your best.

idk whether you'll find that helpful but thats the best advice I have atm...

Hi I think you should aim to get distinction in all your assignments this is because if you do unit 2 and get a merit in 1 assignment then your limited in the whole unit to a merit.also I wouldn’t recommend watch Btec applied science help it’s a YouTube channel it’s so good.Lastly start assignment early (you can find the brief beforehand) so can start the assignment when your learning the information.This is what helped me get a distinction star in my first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending