The Student Room Group

can i work at currys at 16

hi, i couldn’t find a definitive answer anywhere else so i decided to ask here. i’m thinking of applying for a sales colleague job at currys, i’m 16 on monday. am i too young or will i be okay
Reply 1
Original post by c110s
hi, i couldn’t find a definitive answer anywhere else so i decided to ask here. i’m thinking of applying for a sales colleague job at currys, i’m 16 on monday. am i too young or will i be okay

Not sure about Currys, but it honestly depends. 16 year olds can do a part time job (not full time), to earn, but note that different companies may have different rules - some have a different environment not suitable for under 18 year olds, and some companies just don't want under 18s as I believe it can be a bit complicated: for that reason, I would recommend emailing the Currys team - they should have a contact (you could always phone, too) on the careers section, and that is the only way to find out for sure.

So, to conclude, so long as it's part time it's perfectly possible, but unless someone here has actual inside knowledge I would say your best bet is to just contact them and find out for real. I hope that helps :smile:. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
Not sure about Currys, but it honestly depends. 16 year olds can do a part time job (not full time), to earn, but note that different companies may have different rules - some have a different environment not suitable for under 18 year olds, and some companies just don't want under 18s as I believe it can be a bit complicated: for that reason, I would recommend emailing the Currys team - they should have a contact (you could always phone, too) on the careers section, and that is the only way to find out for sure.

So, to conclude, so long as it's part time it's perfectly possible, but unless someone here has actual inside knowledge I would say your best bet is to just contact them and find out for real. I hope that helps :smile:. Good luck!

thank you so much <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending