The Student Room Group

IBM Matching Pool 2023

Hi, I just wanted to know if any 2023 applicants have entered the matching pool, and what the experience was like for past applicants that are willing to share. Thanks!
I had my interview in the matching pool. Its been over 2months and they're still considering me. All in all the whole process to get the offer and secure the role is reaching or maybe even exceeding 6months. I called the recruiter and he said that I'm still being considered however, this is veryyy stressful and I am certainly not a fan of IBM's internship recruitment process; it's still causing me a lot of grief, stress, and anxiety, let's just hope its worth it and I don't have to go through this again.
Reply 2
Any tips for the assessment centre?
Reply 3
Original post by g3b
Any tips for the assessment centre?

- Make sure have basic etiquette (not cutting people off, being polite and respectful), they wanna know they’re employing someone who won’t be a pain to work with.
- If you’re speaking and someone challenges your idea make sure you acknowledge the value of their point before you either counter and say why your point is still valid or adopt their point and compromise.
- (This might only be applicable for business but) make sure you have a pad with you to write any working out on so you’re accurate with your calculations.
- Don’t dominate the conversation, definitely bring forward any good ideas you have but give others a chance to speak.
- Equally, don’t say too little. If they don’t remember you, I doubt you will progress to the next round.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending