The Student Room Group

IBM Matching Pool 2024/25

Hi all,

I recently got through to the matching pool for an HR internship role at IBM and was sent a role, but I’m not too keen on the location since I was hoping to live at home for my placement ;;

Does anyone know if HR roles open up in London at all or should I just bite the bullet and go for what I got? I’m scared that if I decline this one, there won’t be another chance to get a role at all ;-;
Reply 1
Update on this!

Ended up holding out for London and a couple eventually did pop up~ Had two interviews for the role with the managers and just accepted my offer yesterday :smile:

To anyone still in matching, please don’t be worried, as I was told that roles are still being rolled out! It’s completely normal to wait even a few months before you get matched, though my advice would be to still continue other applications until you get a firm offer~
Original post by BitteRabbit
Update on this!

Ended up holding out for London and a couple eventually did pop up~ Had two interviews for the role with the managers and just accepted my offer yesterday :smile:

To anyone still in matching, please don’t be worried, as I was told that roles are still being rolled out! It’s completely normal to wait even a few months before you get matched, though my advice would be to still continue other applications until you get a firm offer~

How formal were your interviews with the role managers and what kind of questions were you asked? I have a telephone interview with the hiring manager on Monday and am unsure how to prepare.
Reply 3
Original post by henrydouglz
How formal were your interviews with the role managers and what kind of questions were you asked? I have a telephone interview with the hiring manager on Monday and am unsure how to prepare.

My first interview was somewhat formal, since it followed your standard interview format~ I got asked your basic scenario questions (e.g. “tell me about overcoming a problem”, “describe when you worked in a team”), and some questions about what you’d be happy with doing in the actual job (e.g. if you’re flexible to travel, what responsibilities would you be willing to do). At this point, they’re most interested in whether you’re a good fit for the role, so make sure you incorporate what’s in the job spec when responding.

The second interview was just a QnA session with another manager and an intern where they gave me more information about the role and let me ask any questions I had. I had this one because the first manager who interviewed me wasn’t actually in charge of the position directly (whilst the second manager was so they could answer my questions more specifically). Generally though, I think this is a more unusual situation, so you might not get a second interview.

Both my interviews were video calls, so with telephone ones it might be slightly different, but as long as you have some scenarios prepared, you should be fine~ It’s really early on in their hiring period atm so the chance of getting the role is super high :smile:
Reply 4
Been a few months since I was added to the matching pool but got sent some roles today, none of which were related to the field I applied to though. Good to see that they're active though, fingers crossed I get matched with something more relevant🤞
Reply 5
Original post by BitteRabbit
Update on this!

Hi what was the salary for London?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending