The Student Room Group

english gcse tutor?

is it worth getting a tutor at this stage so I can re-learn my techniques for writing because im getting fluctuating 5s to 7s in my english lit and lang

also what is a good price for a english tutor?
My son's IGCSE English Language tutor charges £38 an hour.

Bear in mind she's taught KS3, GCSE, and A Level English for 28 years, and has been an examiner for Cambridge, AQA, & WJEC GCSE, IGCSE, and A Level English for over 10 years. She has a degree and masters degree in English, plus a PGCE with QTS.

So she's a very very qualified English tutor.

I'm sure some other tutors with less qualifications would charge less. You don't necessarily need to have done a teaching qualification, or a masters degree, or have worked as an examiner to be a tutor, so I'm sure you could find a cheaper one.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by nareony
is it worth getting a tutor at this stage so I can re-learn my techniques for writing because im getting fluctuating 5s to 7s in my english lit and lang

also what is a good price for a english tutor?

It is worth getting support at any stage! The earlier the better obviously, but improvements can be made at any time and Easter is ideal for that!

Price can vary dramatically for tutors with some as low as £15 and some well into the hundreds. The key thing is finding a tutor you are comfortable with and who knows the syllabus and texts you are doing well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest