The Student Room Group

Student loan requirements

Hi All, me again. Lol. Are GCSE's required to apply for a uni student loan. I currently have my functional skills levels 1&2 in Maths and English and I'm also currently studying a Pre-Access to Health and Social Care Professions course. I will be enrolling on the Access to Nursing course in September, with the hopes of going to uni next year. But we've been informed by a tutor that unless we have GCSE Maths & English, we will not meet the requirements to receive the student loan funding? Is this correct, please? We've asked 2 other tutors and was told that they've never heard of that?? Please help, as we are confuzzled.🤪
Reply 1
Can anybody help please? X
Reply 2
Original post by clarkeychez
Hi All, me again. Lol. Are GCSE's required to apply for a uni student loan. I currently have my functional skills levels 1&2 in Maths and English and I'm also currently studying a Pre-Access to Health and Social Care Professions course. I will be enrolling on the Access to Nursing course in September, with the hopes of going to uni next year. But we've been informed by a tutor that unless we have GCSE Maths & English, we will not meet the requirements to receive the student loan funding? Is this correct, please? We've asked 2 other tutors and was told that they've never heard of that?? Please help, as we are confuzzled.🤪

Whether or not you have GCSEs Maths & English can affect whether or not you receive a place to study certain subjects at university, but has no effect on student finance.

Info on who qualifies for student loans here:
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies?step-by-step-nav=18045f76-ac04-41b7-b147-5687d8fbb64a
Reply 3
Thank you so much for your reply. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending