The Student Room Group

What did you do after your law degree?

Anyone who did not go on to qualify as a solicitor or barrister, what do you do now? Or anyone who did a training contract and qualified, but left law - what do you do now?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
When I graduated with a law degree, I did at first think of going into law practice. But midway through my Bar Final course, I quit as I didn't like the practical routine of being a lawyer. I spoke with practising lawyers and they said that this was their normal daily routine. Filing briefs, researching court cases, liasiing with clients and other legal advisors, etc. May be if I wasn't so intellectually minded as opposed to being practically minded, I would have stayed in the legal profession. It turned out that I liked the intellectual side of law better than the practical side of it. So I enrolled in a Master's degree at SOAS studying government and politics as I wanted to enter the teaching profession, looking at professors and lecturers as my role models. I wasn't disappointed with my choice as of today, I had already experienced being a lecturer and also a high school teacher at various institutions. I also authored four books on economics and international politics. International Law was my favourite subject during my law degree final year. The law degree gives me very strong foundation into the business world too, where I am today.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending