The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading university

Hey ,
I got offer letter from university of reading for MSc in construction cost management. I want know about reading town . Is it worth to moving reading??
Might be biased as I'm from Reading, but generally it's a pretty nice place!

The nightlife is not the best, there's only about 4 clubs but lots of bars (purple turtle is the best imo). Brilliant for shopping, and there's lots to do in the town other than drinking: cinemas, bowling, escape rooms, theatre. Basically everything you could possibly want is in the town centre, just be aware that the campus is a bit out of the way, but the buses are very good.

Also you can get basically anywhere from Reading so days out are easy, especially to London. The main downside is that things like club entry and drinks can be pretty expensive, but it depends where you're coming from I guess.

Mostly I would recommend visiting yourself so you can get a feel for it, as I suppose it depends on your personal preference.

P.S. If you do visit, be sure to check out the biscuit factory, they always have loads of stuff on and it's pretty cheap.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Tejaswi chavan
Hey ,
I got offer letter from university of reading for MSc in construction cost management. I want know about reading town . Is it worth to moving reading??

Hello @Tejaswi chavan , congratulations! Happy to hear that you have had an offer from the university! So adding to the things @crowley4 has already said , Reading is a really nice place! Transport around Reading is brilliant , especially getting from the station to the campus. The oracle shopping centre is brilliant , it has loads of shops and loads of great places to eat!
As @crowley4 has mentioned , I would definitely recommend visiting Reading and coming to see our campus and town. This will then give you the opportunity to see whether Reading is for you or not.
Please don`t hesitate to ask any other questions about the town or the university!

Owain :smile:
2nd year Mathematics and Economics student
Hey I also got an offer at UoR but im struggling to find any groupchats or social platform for UoR freshers. Could you help with this?
Original post by UniofReading
Hello @Tejaswi chavan , congratulations! Happy to hear that you have had an offer from the university! So adding to the things @crowley4 has already said , Reading is a really nice place! Transport around Reading is brilliant , especially getting from the station to the campus. The oracle shopping centre is brilliant , it has loads of shops and loads of great places to eat!
As @crowley4 has mentioned , I would definitely recommend visiting Reading and coming to see our campus and town. This will then give you the opportunity to see whether Reading is for you or not.
Please don`t hesitate to ask any other questions about the town or the university!

Owain :smile:
2nd year Mathematics and Economics student

How long/how many minutes does it take to get to psychology campus from the train station?
Original post by cherryhitchkins
How long/how many minutes does it take to get to psychology campus from the train station?

Hey @cherryhitchkins

It's about a 15 minute bus ride or a 40 minute walk, according to google (although depending on which part of campus you're going to, I'd say you can sometimes walk it quicker!). Bus routes are very accessible all around campus, with very good links to the station too.

Hope this helps!
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Hey @cherryhitchkins

It's about a 15 minute bus ride or a 40 minute walk, according to google (although depending on which part of campus you're going to, I'd say you can sometimes walk it quicker!). Bus routes are very accessible all around campus, with very good links to the station too.

Hope this helps!
Let us know if you have any other questions.

The station to psychology campus. Is that far?
Original post by cherryhitchkins
The station to psychology campus. Is that far?

Hi @cherryhitchkins

Not at all:smile: As I said above, from the station to Whiteknights campus (where the Psychology buildings are) is about a 15 minute bus journey or a 30-40 minute walk.

Hope this helps!
Hi @cherryhitchkins

Not at all:smile: As I said above, from the station to Whiteknights campus (where the Psychology buildings are) is about a 15 minute bus journey or a 30-40 minute walk.

Hope this helps!

thank you :smile:
Reply 9
hey, i’ve firmed reading uni and would really like to meet people who are going in september. im gonna be studying maths and staying at bridges accom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending