Maths - A*
Further Maths - A
Econ - A*
Geography - A*

I'm thinking of applying for
x2 A*A*A unis
x2 A*AA unis
x1 AAA uni

do you think this is a sensible choice? and do you think I should apply for a AAB uni to be safe?
Original post by alberw21
Hi I'm in year 12 and hoping to study Econ at uni

My current predicted grades are:
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A
Econ - A*
Geography - A*

I'm thinking of applying for
x2 A*A*A unis
x2 A*AA unis
x1 AAA uni

do you think this is a sensible choice? and do you think I should apply for an AAB uni to be safe?

You can't just say ‘A*A*A’; what universities? But, yes, I would recommend having an AAB uni as your insurance, but if you’re confident, then AAA should be okay. However, I would make sure that the uni with AAA isn’t that competitive; for example, don’t apply to like Bristol just because it’s AAA; it’s still very competitive.
Original post by lanky_giraffe
You can't just say ‘A*A*A’; what universities? But, yes, I would recommend having an AAB uni as your insurance, but if you’re confident, then AAA should be okay. However, I would make sure that the uni with AAA isn’t that competitive; for example, don’t apply to like Bristol just because it’s AAA; it’s still very competitive.

Bristol is A*AA but the AAA uni I wanted to apply for was Bath (is Bath highly competitive?)
Bristol is A*AA but the AAA uni I wanted to apply for was Bath (is Bath highly competitive?)

Bath is competitive, yes

The course is very good at bath , the grade requirements don’t equate to the quality of the course (you may still want to pick bath). For your 5th make sure it’s not at a very competitive uni, because economics is notoriously competitive. I’d probably go for Glasgow, Exeter, Newcastle, Cardiff ect. for the 5th as they aren’t as competitive but still very good.
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi,

We are pleased to hear that you are thinking of applying to Bath, please let us know if you have any questions about studying at Bath!

Sophia (2nd Year Modern Languages)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending