The Student Room Group

A level choices

I have already filled in my sixth form application form to do 3 A levels, Geography, Sociology and Media studies (+EPQ) and I really want to do geography or environmental science at university but to do that for many universities you need/have a better offer if you do Geography + a second science at A level.

do combined science and in my mocks I got 9s in chemistry and physics and a 7 in biology. I don't want to do Physics because of the maths or Chemistry because of the difficulty so that leaves biology which I'm kind of interested in but I find the exam technique really challenging.

I could do environmental science but I don't know if that would overlap with geography too much and get boring. Most other 'science a levels' are not offered at my school.

All I know is that I would switch out sociology because I'm doing psychology at gcse and it kinda sucks, I have an interest in sociology but I did with psychology in year 9 and now it has pretty much faded due to the exam questions and amount of content.

If I pick biology I might not get the grades I need even if they are lowered for geography at a uni so I don't know what to do.

We are allowed to change our applications after results day in august and by then I want to know if I am going to be switching so I'm not stressed over the summer.

Thanks if you read all this, advice would be much appreciated from someone doing a levels and knows more about the biology or environmental science course or anyone who wants to help :smile:
I'd say pick Biology. I feel like you want to choose a science if the degree you plan to do has the word 'science' in it.
Original post by lesgo21
I'd say pick Biology. I feel like you want to choose a science if the degree you plan to do has the word 'science' in it.

Yes Biology won't be easy - but as long as you stay committed throughout Sixth form then you'll give yourself the best chance to study the degree you want at a uni that you'll be happy with. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest