The Student Room Group

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Processes [7th June 2023] Exam Chat

Poll

How did you find the exam today?

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Processes | 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 7th June 2023 PM
Length: 2h15m

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Biology Study Group 2022-2023

Congratulations on finishing your exam today!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Has everyone finished all of the content?
Original post by NotChopin
Has everyone finished all of the content?

Not yet. Currently finishing animal responses then I’m done.
Original post by JA03
Not yet. Currently finishing animal responses then I’m done.

I find that topic the hardest as there's so much to remember
I find that topic the hardest as there's so much to remember

Nah. Have to disagree - I find cellular control the worst.
Original post by JA03
Nah. Have to disagree - I find cellular control the worst.

That's one of my favourite topics :smile: . But generally I hate questions about practicals or all the maths application ones which is basically module 1. Even if I practice those I still get them wrong and most of the practicals given are unknown so not something you can learn and remember
That's one of my favourite topics :smile: . But generally I hate questions about practicals or all the maths application ones which is basically module 1. Even if I practice those I still get them wrong and most of the practicals given are unknown so not something you can learn and remember

Look at the OCR PAG sheet - it tells you all the practicals you need to know and what you need to know about them so it can be a great revision tool! :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions?
Original post by Mentor05
Does anyone have any predictions?

Microscopy. All the way. I see a lot of past papers on it.
Does any have a link for the A-Level Chemistry study group?
Original post by MsBobatea123
Does any have a link for the A-Level Chemistry study group?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7292393&p=98314190&page=9#post98314190
Original post by JA03
Microscopy. All the way. I see a lot of past papers on it.

Don't think they've had anything on laser scanning confocal microscopes so this could be the year. A 6 marker comparing the 3 types of microscopes 🤭
Don't think they've had anything on laser scanning confocal microscopes so this could be the year. A 6 marker comparing the 3 types of microscopes 🤭

Don’t. No. Absolutely not. I can’t compare to save my life.
To add to your discussion, I've now finished all the content in lessons. For me, I think animal and plant responses are currently my hardest topics, but I've only just done these so that might be why. Animal responses is way too confusing with all the fancy muscle stuff, and plant responses has been made a lot more difficult by having such a bad teacher last year that we had to teach the whole plant transport to ourselves at home.
Original post by Infinxty09
To add to your discussion, I've now finished all the content in lessons. For me, I think animal and plant responses are currently my hardest topics, but I've only just done these so that might be why. Animal responses is way too confusing with all the fancy muscle stuff, and plant responses has been made a lot more difficult by having such a bad teacher last year that we had to teach the whole plant transport to ourselves at home.

I think that topic is indeed pretty bad. I recommend biorach on yt, she explains everything so well.

I feel like there is probably gonna be a 6 marker on some of the biological molecules but honestly I haven't done any of the recent past papers so no clue what even came up recently
I think that topic is indeed pretty bad. I recommend biorach on yt, she explains everything so well.

I feel like there is probably gonna be a 6 marker on some of the biological molecules but honestly I haven't done any of the recent past papers so no clue what even came up recently

Water always turns up, according to my teacher.
Original post by JA03
Water always turns up, according to my teacher.

Properties of water questions 😍
Reply 17
Properties of water questions 😍

That came up last year. I did it for mocks
Original post by vesq
That came up last year. I did it for mocks

Same
is anyone still doing mocks for their exams?

Latest

Trending

Trending