The Student Room Group

ACCA

Hi everyone, I'm looking to start with ACCA and I came across this place called LSBF who provide classes.

Has anyone studied at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) or are studying there now? Are they good? Where else would you recommend me to go and do my ACCA?
Could you give a bit of detail about your background? I don’t think anyone should advise regarding ACCA study routes without knowing more about your academic qualifications, grades, working history and aspirations.
Original post by ajj2000
Could you give a bit of detail about your background? I don’t think anyone should advise regarding ACCA study routes without knowing more about your academic qualifications, grades, working history and aspirations.

Hi, yes sure that's fine. I have a degree in Business Studies and I've also completed AAT. Job wise I'm an accounts assistant and now planning to study ACCA.

Trying to find a place to study ACCA, but I'm not sure which place to go with. LSBF came up while searching and I'm curious if they are good with teaching ACCA or should I go with BPP?
Original post by Monjur12345
Hi, yes sure that's fine. I have a degree in Business Studies and I've also completed AAT. Job wise I'm an accounts assistant and now planning to study ACCA.

Trying to find a place to study ACCA, but I'm not sure which place to go with. LSBF came up while searching and I'm curious if they are good with teaching ACCA or should I go with BPP?

Depends who is paying! I'd be inclined to go with BPP or Kaplan if your employer is paying as they seem to be the choices for people with no cost considerations and the testbooks everyone seems to prefer.

If you don't mind not having in person courses or money is a consideration Open Tuition gets great feedback and is free.

I'd be cautious about LSBF. I don't know anything about them but their website and nonsense MBA routes are offputting.
Original post by ajj2000
Depends who is paying! I'd be inclined to go with BPP or Kaplan if your employer is paying as they seem to be the choices for people with no cost considerations and the testbooks everyone seems to prefer.

If you don't mind not having in person courses or money is a consideration Open Tuition gets great feedback and is free.

I'd be cautious about LSBF. I don't know anything about them but their website and nonsense MBA routes are offputting.

Thank you, my work is offering to pay for LSBF classes. After reading your comment, I'm not sure if I should accept that
Thank you, my work is offering to pay for LSBF classes. After reading your comment, I'm not sure if I should accept that

Well, how much are the classes?
Original post by ajj2000
Well, how much are the classes?

I think it's around £3,400 for the entire applied skills section
I think it's around £3,400 for the entire applied skills section

Ah, ok. Perhaps look on ACCA forums and reach out to current students on the course. Also - price up BPP and see how much more their equivalent courses are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending