The Student Room Group

Can I get into finance from an avarage uni?

I am studying accounting and financial management at University of Hull, I am scared that because I am not at a top uni I won't be able to get any spring weeks this year or internships next year. I have some relevant experience and actively trying to get more through volunteering, doing online courses etc. Am I trying to do something that might me impossible? Will I have a chance of getting an internship/a graduate position? If no, what are my other options?
Original post by mkbonus
I am studying accounting and financial management at University of Hull, I am scared that because I am not at a top uni I won't be able to get any spring weeks this year or internships next year. I have some relevant experience and actively trying to get more through volunteering, doing online courses etc. Am I trying to do something that might me impossible? Will I have a chance of getting an internship/a graduate position? If no, what are my other options?

Hello! Check out our ACCA Careers website and find out more about Accounting and Finance opportunities around the UK. It is open to everyone, not just to ACCA students, who are highly valued by employers. I would also consider an ACCA qualification after you finish the university. This will open many doors for you. https://jobs.accaglobal.com/searchjobs/?Keywords=financial+management&radialtown=United+Kingdom+%28GB%29&LocationId=164&RadialLocation=5&CountryCode=&Experiencelevel=513280

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending