The Student Room Group

anyone need gcse advice?

happy to help anyone with advice!
(edited 1 year ago)
got 37 days left and feel stressed
also what's the best method do you think can help?
Reply 2
Original post by oursgrace
got 37 days left and feel stressed
also what's the best method do you think can help?

I understand that feeling of stress and anxiety, what I used to do is remind myself that there was still time before exams, and to help with stress regarding exams, plan out all your revision and make it realistic (eg. it's impossible to cover several topics from different subjects in a day), take constant breaks every hour max, for 10 minutes, don't spend all your focus on one subject, as it's easy to get burnout for that particular subject, during exam season avoid being hung up on a question you think you may not have done as well in, remember no one knows the correct answer for sure till it's been marked, divide overwhelming topics into smaller ones, and work on areas you aren't as comfortable with, and switch up revision techniques, use past papers, active recall, blurting, after school study sessions with friends! remember, to take time for yourself, if you feel you really can't revise anymore, simply don't! I learnt this because I remember not being able to concentrating on my studies when I wasn't as motivated and my revision wasn't as effective so, don't overdo it! hope that helped!
Original post by reneee603
I understand that feeling of stress and anxiety, what I used to do is remind myself that there was still time before exams, and to help with stress regarding exams, plan out all your revision and make it realistic (eg. it's impossible to cover several topics from different subjects in a day), take constant breaks every hour max, for 10 minutes, don't spend all your focus on one subject, as it's easy to get burnout for that particular subject, during exam season avoid being hung up on a question you think you may not have done as well in, remember no one knows the correct answer for sure till it's been marked, divide overwhelming topics into smaller ones, and work on areas you aren't as comfortable with, and switch up revision techniques, use past papers, active recall, blurting, after school study sessions with friends! remember, to take time for yourself, if you feel you really can't revise anymore, simply don't! I learnt this because I remember not being able to concentrating on my studies when I wasn't as motivated and my revision wasn't as effective so, don't overdo it! hope that helped!

ty
Reply 4
Original post by oursgrace
ty

np :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest