The Student Room Group

French courses

Hi, has anyone got any experience of studying at a language school in France, I am currently looking to go for a couple of months to improve my french. I want to stay out of Paris, and am currently interested in courses in Lyon, Toulouse or Bordeaux. What would peoples recommendations and opinions be of different schools and why city should I go to?.....

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by CFinchett2000
Hi, has anyone got any experience of studying at a language school in France, I am currently looking to go for a couple of months to improve my french. I want to stay out of Paris, and am currently interested in courses in Lyon, Toulouse or Bordeaux. What would peoples recommendations and opinions be of different schools and why city should I go to?.....

Many thanks!

I would definitely choose Bordeaux. All 3 cities have great historical city centres, but Toulouse and Lyon have peripheries that are really dirty and run down and are not places that I would want to stay, or to let any of my children stay in. Bordeaux is a great student town with good communication links to the rest of France and Europe via the TG V or Air links. You could try Influent or International house for your study options.
Original post by Euapp
I would definitely choose Bordeaux. All 3 cities have great historical city centres, but Toulouse and Lyon have peripheries that are really dirty and run down and are not places that I would want to stay, or to let any of my children stay in. Bordeaux is a great student town with good communication links to the rest of France and Europe via the TG V or Air links. You could try Influent or International house for your study options.

thanks very much for your reply, i think bordeaux would be great. good to get your opinion too. Although its quite expensive, I think I might do a couple of months at Alliance Francaise and live with a host family, think i will get the most out of it that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending