The Student Room Group

Is Durham better than UCL or vice versa?

Someone has said that LSE and UCL are superior to Durham
(edited 5 months ago)
Durham is still good. I don't think it makes a big difference for Philo. Make sure you have a clear path you want to take to become a lawyer as it won't be easy without a typical law degree.
Reply 2
Original post by FortitudeBank
Durham is still good. I don't think it makes a big difference for Philo. Make sure you have a clear path you want to take to become a lawyer as it won't be easy without a typical law degree.

Is it anywhere near as good.
(edited 5 months ago)
Durham is up there with UCL. LSE superior I think. Know a lot of people who did well from Durham. Plus, if you get good grades in your A levels and in first year you can (not guaranteed but likely) transfer to a better university (and worst case scenario they take you based on your A levels with a guaranteed place? Just one year lost - not bad at all imo)
(edited 10 months ago)
If you don’t want to go why not withdraw and try through UCAS extra or clearing?
I’m assuming you’re international as Durham has a vg rep in the UK and is always amongst the top few ranked UK unis and also for the course.
That being said, if you feel you’ve selected a poor choice, withdraw. This will allow you to have other options through Extra or Clearing and also free up the place for a someone else who actually wants it.
Moreover, for your own happiness don’t do 3 years hating it. YOLO.

Quick Reply

Latest