The Student Room Group

MEng Engineering and Architectural Design Employability

Hello, I'm currently an offer holder for Engineering and Architectural Design at UCL. I was wondering, other than in the built environment - if any - what are the professions can you go into by studying this degree?

Is it possible to pursue a career in the automotive industry if you obtain this degree?

Also, between MEng Engineering and Architectural Design and MEng Mechanical Engineering (both at UCL), which is better?
Original post by shariq.khan___
Hello, I'm currently an offer holder for Engineering and Architectural Design at UCL. I was wondering, other than in the built environment - if any - what are the professions can you go into by studying this degree?

Is it possible to pursue a career in the automotive industry if you obtain this degree?

Also, between MEng Engineering and Architectural Design and MEng Mechanical Engineering (both at UCL), which is better?

The degree is focused on construction and the built environment, so I'd imagine the primary destination is into construction/building engineering consultancies or architectural firms.

I'd imagine it'd be more difficult to get into automotive with an architectural engineering degree than a more common one such as mechanical or electrical.

Whether architectural or mechanical engineering is better depends on what you want to do career wise.

Quick Reply

Latest