The Student Room Group

EU Law revision help

Hi,
Is anyone currently doing or recently done European Union law and can provide some back and forth conversation on revision tips for essay and problem style questions and also the content we cover?
Hi there,

We've been doing EU law for some time and I'd like to share some major points to keep in mind I discovered:

Understand the structure of the EU and focus on key areas.
Stay up to date with case law.
Practice essay and problem-style questions using the IRAC method.
Create a revision schedule and discuss with peers.
Seek feedback and aim for concise answers.
And finally, when you are fed up with learning and studying things, go to Legalbet.uk and have a nice time reading upcoming events review, analytics and just sport news. You can also choose a bookie from a specially drafted top, but remember choose from the safest betting sites: https://legalbet.uk/betting-sites/sets/safe/ . Nothing is more important than safety!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by SweetGeorge
Hi there,

We've been doing EU law for some time and I'd like to share some major points to keep in mind I discovered:

Understand the structure of the EU and focus on key areas.
Stay up to date with case law.
Practice essay and problem-style questions using the IRAC method.
Create a revision schedule and discuss with peers.
Seek feedback and aim for concise answers.

Thank you!
Random question but also we have never done a problem question before in EU law only substantive subjects like Criminal and contract law. Could you advise how you would approach a problem question on, say, competition law?
Reply 3
I'd follow the same format and CLEO structure as your other problem questions.
Identify the Claims
Cite the relevant Laws
Evaluate the claims against the laws/cases you've stated
give an Outcome

There's a book on our reading list called Problem Questions For Law Students which goes into more detail on approaching questions in an adversarial way Party, Issue, and CLEO. It's nice to have an armoury of approaches to different legal questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending