The Student Room Group

Want a new job but don't know what?

I currently work as a bartender which I've been doing for the past couple of years and I've loved it, the people I work with are great and the thing I'll really miss the most if/when I leave is working with them and having some great nights out with them.

But over the past few weeks I've thought about leaving for two reasons, one of them is I want a job with better pay as it's minimum wage job, and the second reason is working in hospitality requires me to work every weekend and most nights with some nights not finishing until around 2-3am. I want my next job to be a Monday-Friday job where I don't have to work nights and weekends. Also because I work weekends I have barely seen or hung out with my friends outside of work.

I'm a 24 year old male, I have a degree in computing but I didn't enjoy my degree and don't want to work in a job related to it. I have customer service experience in retail and hospitality so I think I'll most likely apply for jobs involving customer service as experience is advantageous but don't know what to look for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending