The Student Room Group

Pfizer Data science apprenticeship

I’m just wondering if anyone has heard back from Pfizer about whether they were successful for getting into the assessment centre for the Data Science apprenticeship. I haven’t heard back from them yet, and the date for the assessment centre is for Tuesday 18th April
Reply 1
same
Reply 2
Original post by hamza986676
same

I feel better now knowing that I’m not the only one, I do find it quite strange tho
Reply 3
I got an AC invite but I didn't turn up because the pay sucks and there's no option for hybrid/remote work.
Reply 4
Original post by stonkz
I got an AC invite but I didn't turn up because the pay sucks and there's no option for hybrid/remote work.

That’s fair, also if I may ask, when did they send you the AC invite
Reply 5
Original post by JumanjiWalker
That’s fair, also if I may ask, when did they send you the AC invite

About 2 weeks ago. I'm kind of surprised that people have still been waiting for an invite as I heard that they couldn't find enough applicants.
Reply 6
Original post by stonkz
About 2 weeks ago. I'm kind of surprised that people have still been waiting for an invite as I heard that they couldn't find enough applicants.

i mean to be honest the data analyst one idm cause its not bad i don't mind about the pay just hope they respond because nottingham uni isn't bad. i got up to the virtual interview.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by hamza986676
i mean tbf the data analyst one idm cause its not bad idc about the pay just hope they respond cause nottingham uni isnt bad. i got up to the virtual interview.

I’m sorry you haven’t heard back yet. Here’s a good link for finding apprenticeships within the science/healthcare/Med tech/pharma industries:
https://cogentskills.com/vacancies/

If the employer is good, the uni doesn’t matter. Your colleagues will be more knowledgable about industry and real world problems than your lecturers, the equipment will be better (and you’ll actually be allowed to use it), and your software won’t be restricted to student versions.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by stonkz

Same here, the pay was atrocious and they were telling me to come to the office 5 days a week and telling me when to take my breaks of only 45 minutes
Reply 9
Original post by S_fundz
Same here, the pay was atrocious and they were telling me to come to the office 5 days a week and telling me when to take my breaks of only 45 minutes

You may be neglecting some of the benefits these schemes offer relative to the alternatives.

Sure, free tuition is great, but it’s also private mentoring and training from industry experienced staff, direct access to modern equipment and full license software you likely wouldn’t otherwise get to touch until final year undergrad, and involvement in projects that have real world impact. I finished my degree apprenticeship before covid and university was the least impactful part of my education

Sure, it’s a low salary for 3-5 years, however, it sets you up running for what might be a 40+ year career in a company first class graduates fight to get in.

It also sets your CV up for employment in the wider healthcare industry without needing to start in a 2 year junior/graduate scheme, which is well known for its work-life balance benefits. Benefits such as flexible hours, optional 4-day weeks, remote working, no time tracking, and a ton of different health/fitness reimbursements and performance bonuses.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending