The Student Room Group

Help org chem spectroscopy

Help! I’m struggling with how to draw the structures in spectroscopy for example in this question I kinda get how to draw E because there is space free next to c=0
But for F idk how to approach this and idk how the markscheme got that structureIMG_2144.jpegIMG_2143.jpegIMG_2146.jpeg
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Help! I’m struggling with how to draw the structures in spectroscopy for example in this question I kinda get how to draw E because there is space free next to c=0
But for F idk how to approach this and idk how the markscheme got that structureIMG_2144.jpegIMG_2143.jpegIMG_2146.jpeg

F will have a doublet in the 1H NMR due to the two CH3 groups adjacent to the tertiary CH. This makes ID of the spectrum easy.
Original post by charco
F will have a doublet in the 1H NMR due to the two CH3 groups adjacent to the tertiary CH. This makes ID of the spectrum easy.

Can u plz send me a YouTube video going through structures how to draw them I still don’t get it and can’t find a video
Can u plz send me a YouTube video going through structures how to draw them I still don’t get it and can’t find a video

Do you mean structures from NMR spectra?
Original post by charco
Do you mean structures from NMR spectra?

Yes like the last few marks of forming the molecule/ compound structure
Yes like the last few marks of forming the molecule/ compound structure

Hang on - it's coming
Original post by charco
Hang on - it's coming

Thank you sooo much this was soo helpful.
could you please make a video on this Question too, spectroscopy is my worst topic 😭 I’m stuck on this question too it’s always the end part when I have to make the structure I don’t get it IMG_2157.jpegIMG_2158.jpegIMG_2159.jpeg
the question is to deduce the structure of I

Quick Reply

Latest