The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Is it normal to not have all the modules available?

The place I am studying only has two years' worth of courses. They have recently moved over to the OU but nothing has really changed. It seems nobody has graduated from our course yet, so that might be the reason but I find it strange that there is only two units. We have no clue about the third year and they seem to be writing it as we go along. Can anyone help please?
Reply 1
Can you share where/what you're studying? It's hard to comment otherwise.

I'm guessing your modules are written by your college/provider and just approved by the OU's validation service (having previously used a different uni as validation). It's completely possible that the final units haven't been written or validated yet if it's a new course.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by pmd_qwe
Can you share where/what you're studying? It's hard to comment otherwise.

I'm guessing your modules are written by your college/provider and just approved by the OU's validation service (having previously used a different uni as validation). It's completely possible that the final units haven't been written or validated yet if it's a new course.

Yes i'm studying for a BA (hons) in Garden design. I am at The open college of the arts, which was previously under The university for the creative arts, I can't find any of these two of the Office for students. I am worried they are not as prepared as they should be and support is limited.
We did have someone who wrote the first unit but they left so our current tutor has wrote the second Unit but the rest are not available. You're bang on with that answer I think.

Quick Reply

Latest