The Student Room Group

Oxford grades

Next year, I'm hoping to apply to Oxford for a master's degree. Admissions requirements say that you need a high 2:1 or a 1st-class degree, but realistically what kind of grades are they realistically looking for? Kinda similar to how for undergrad, they say AAA, but most successful applicants have A*A*A*.
Reply 1
I too would like to know, from the research that i have done so far, although a masters degree is a few years down the line for me, going to study a computer science Bsc degree at the end of the year, i have found that a lot of these prestige unis want to see you with a high first class degree, as well as being proficient in X Y Z coding languages, i have a feeling a lot comes down to the personal statement etc. i dont know what degree youre taking and so cant help there.
I would say that a high 2:1, with a strong supporting application, or first is probably fairly accurate for humanities courses.. Probably above 67 at a minimum. But that's not really based on data. Unsure about sciences though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending