The Student Room Group

Oxford , did i aim too high

Hi All,
I applied for a course at Oxford with entry requirements AAA, with predicted grades A*A*A. But my GCSE grades were not as high most of the other people (that i have seen apply) - the grades i applied with were 9888888777. Whilst I know these are not bad grades so many have people have applied with straight 9s.
So, do you guys reckon I'll even get an interview?
Which course? Your GCSE grades are great. Don't let the competition from others throw you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by A h
Hi All,
I applied for a course at Oxford with entry requirements AAA, with predicted grades A*A*A. But my GCSE grades were not as high most of the other people (that i have seen apply) - the grades i applied with were 9888888777. Whilst I know these are not bad grades so many have people have applied with straight 9s.

I think you'll get an interview.
Reply 3
Original post by A h
Hi All,

Doesn't matter If you don't get in to Oxford University since it is very challenging entering the uni of Oxford as I think you should aim for a lowers grade University so it will be easier to get accepted
Reply 4
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Which course? Your GCSE grades are great. Don't let the competition from others throw you :smile:

Thank you, i applied for PPE
Original post by A h
Thank you, i applied for PPE

In which case, I'd imagine your TSA score would be the major factor in whether you get to interview or not, rather than your GCSEs. In any case, Oxford treats 9s and 8s the same :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by A h
Hi All,

Hi! I also applied to Oxford and did not get straight 9s (I even have a blasphemous 6 (this is a joke I am proud of my 6)). For PPE the TSA is way more important than your GCSEs so don't let your GCSEs make you doubt yourself, they're great grades anyway! Plus, Oxford treats 8s and 9s the same :biggrin:
Good luck!
They care a lot more about A level grades, personal statement and admissions test/interview performance than GCSEs, GCSEs are only a small part of the decision and would only really hinder you if you had bad grades like if you had failed or just scraped a pass in some subjects, your grades are fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending