The Student Room Group

Prayer mat is personalised are prayers valid on it?

Hi everyone I recently began praying ( I am Muslim) and as a gift my siblings brought me a prayer mat with my name on it on the top left corner. As it’s personalised does it make my prayers invalid or interfere with it or can I use it to pray? It’s like a normal prayer mat but just with my name on it.
Original post by Hailey629
Hi everyone I recently began praying ( I am Muslim) and as a gift my siblings brought me a prayer mat with my name on it on the top left corner. As it’s personalised does it make my prayers invalid or interfere with it or can I use it to pray? It’s like a normal prayer mat but just with my name on it.

Hi! Assalamualikum.

I ain't fully aware of whether your prayers will be valid or not. But I would say not to use it (you can keep it to yourself), 'coz we're praying to please Allah, and everything we do to make him pleased should be absolutely perfect. Another thing you can do is ask a monsieur from a mosque, who'll be able to answer it correctly.

Hope this helps a bit! :smile:
Reply 2
Assalamu alaikum sis,

So, I've never heard that you can't pray on a mat that has your name on it. Has it got images of living things (like animals or humans) on it or eyes? In that case, you can't pray on it. It's alright for your prayer mats to have decorations on them (a lot often have images of holy places like the ka'aba or the holy mosques, or even flowers and shapes) as long as they don't distract you from the prayer and as long as they don't have any symbols from other faiths on them. My sister has a prayer mat with her name in arabic on it as well and I've seen shops in Saudi where they will personalise prayer mats and quran covers (like a cloth cover for the quran) with your name in arabic writing. (got some as gifts too :smile:)

this is from what I know and from my community. But try asking the imam at your local mosque or any other learned person. They'll be able to give you a more accurate answer.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hailey629

Salaam

Your prayer is valid, simple

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending