The Student Room Group

Is it a valid prayer to pray for relationship(s)?

Sometimes I have prayed to get someone back from the past, a mutual relationship that fell through. It seems like since this has not happened and I have not seen them again, it may not be meant to be. But then scripture says you are supposed to have faith it will happen when you pray so maybe that is my problem. Or maybe it's just not a valid thing to pray for, what do you think? I don't know if god's plan is for me to have a love and a companion or if I'm meant to be alone. Anyone help me with insights into this?
Reply 1
You can pray for whatever you want or however you want, that's between you and God. You should not let man dicatate this stuff to you. Have you tried contacting them, instead of waiting for them to magically appear?
Reply 2
Sorry maybe this should be in the religion sub forum, I wasn't sure.
Reply 3
Original post by ROTL94 4
You can pray for whatever you want or however you want, that's between you and God. You should not let man dicatate this stuff to you. Have you tried contacting them, instead of waiting for them to magically appear?

Thanks, I would of course contact them but sadly I only have their first name and I think they have no online presence and are very private.
Reply 4
And, I stopped frequenting where I saw her years ago and couldn't find her if I went back. I have no clue where she is now.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Sometimes I have prayed to get someone back from the past, a mutual relationship that fell through. It seems like since this has not happened and I have not seen them again, it may not be meant to be. But then scripture says you are supposed to have faith it will happen when you pray so maybe that is my problem. Or maybe it's just not a valid thing to pray for, what do you think? I don't know if god's plan is for me to have a love and a companion or if I'm meant to be alone. Anyone help me with insights into this?

it's very good that you practice prayer, of course you can pray for your relationships, but don't ask for them back, it's better to ask for wisdom and the right choice, because not always those people with whom we see our future should stay with us, maybe she we need to realize something or for a life lesson
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1

Your feelings are valid, and it's natural to wonder if God's plan for you includes romantic love. While scripture encourages us to have faith in our prayers, it also emphasizes that God's ways are not our ways. Sometimes, God's plan for us is different from what we desire.
Original post by tylorswift
Your feelings are valid, and it's natural to wonder if God's plan for you includes romantic love. While scripture encourages us to have faith in our prayers, it also emphasizes that God's ways are not our ways. Sometimes, God's plan for us is different from what we desire.

Ok thankyou. I have underachieved, as I were, in my love life, and can't help wondering if I'm supposed to be alone for some reason. Btw I'm the OP.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending