The Student Room Group

Access course (science)

Hello everyone,
I passed my dental nurse diploma in 2018 and currently thinking of doing an access course (Science) to get into uni to become hygienist.Whilst looking into the several uni's requirements I'm quite overwhelmed.The access course I'm planing to do will cover Biology, Chemistry,physics,mathematics,psychology.
Full 60 Credit Diploma with 45 credits
graded units and 15 ungraded study
skills.
Maximum UCAS 144 points from the course. So i was wondering if this gonna be enough to get into uni ?
Thank you all.
Reply 1
Original post by Tsultana93
Hello everyone,
I passed my dental nurse diploma in 2018 and currently thinking of doing an access course (Science) to get into uni to become hygienist.Whilst looking into the several uni's requirements I'm quite overwhelmed.The access course I'm planing to do will cover Biology, Chemistry,physics,mathematics,psychology.
Full 60 Credit Diploma with 45 credits
graded units and 15 ungraded study
skills.
Maximum UCAS 144 points from the course. So i was wondering if this gonna be enough to get into uni ?
Thank you all.

Hi I'm a mature student too, I’m currently doing the access to science course it’s really good but also very intense as it’s equivalent to 3 a levels in one year. You will need to look at universities entry requirements some universities don’t accept the access at all but most do. Generally, the requirements are a specific amount of distinctions, merits and passes. I already have one offer for biomedical science and am waiting to hear from 2 others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending