The Student Room Group

hey can someone help ME!!

how do you know if someone likes you?
Reply 1
There are many possible signs. They could be overly nice and go out of their way to speak to you for example.
Well they seem like they like me when i talk to them but after that they seem like they dont even want to talk to me so i dont know
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Well they seem like they like me when i talk to them but after that they seem like they dont even want to talk to me so i dont know

If they’re inconsistent maybe they are unsure of their feelings, they’re fighting their feelings, or maybe they do not have these feelings towards you. Have you considered asking them?
what do you mean can i ask
Reply 5
what do you mean can i ask

Have you considered talking to them about their feelings towards you?
This is a tricky question to answer. The best way to know is to compare their actions and behaviour towards you against others.

Listen to your gut and remember that regret is worse than rejection. All the best :smile:
how do you know if someone likes you?
Original post by Eva^
Have you considered talking to them about their feelings towards you?

so no because i just think it would be a little awkward
Reply 8
so no because i just think it would be a little awkward

That is very likely, but you never really know until you ask
Original post by Eva^
That is very likely, but you never really know until you ask

what if she says no and then we loose our friendship
Reply 10

That is a bit of a risk, but if you feel that taking the leap is necessary then I encourage you to go for it

You do know that you will part ways with them eventually. That is why I said regret is worse than rejection.
Besides, you don't want to be friends with this person. You want to be more than that. To have more you need to risk more
Original post by Eva^
That is a bit of a risk, but if you feel that taking the leap is necessary then I encourage you to go for it

Original post by Last_of_us
You do know that you will part ways with them eventually. That is why I said regret is worse than rejection.

Original post by Last_of_us
Besides, you don't want to be friends with this person. You want to be more than that. To have more you need to risk more

i know but i am just a little scared
Reply 14

That’s perfectly normal and okay, but don’t let fear hold you back
Original post by Eva^
That’s perfectly normal and okay, but don’t let fear hold you back

ok

I was too but you have to believe that they will consider your feelings at least. This is the first step to breaking this shell of yours. You'll come out feeling like a man for asking the person out. Whether they accept or reject you, asking people out won't be difficult. In fact, you'll be more confident :smile:
Reply 17
ok

Good luck, I hope all goes well!
In the worst-case scenario, say this if you get rejected: "Thank you for hearing me out. You're amazing, so I just had to ask you out. Since the feeling isn't mutual, I would like us to remain friends and I hope that you're not awkward around me from now on. I just would like to ask why is it that you don't want to go out with me. Please be brutally honest."

This shows maturity and you can learn from this. What ever they say, thank them for being honest. Who knows, they might one day like you and want to go out. Just try not to be hopeful that by remaining friends they will one day like you. Just work on yourself and be natural around them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending