I'm struggling with which 3 of the above unis I should apply for (I already am considering Manchester and Glasgow). Note I aspire to study medicine in uni.
Important factors of uni for me include:
- academic prestige (preferably in the top 100 of QS world university rankings, or even top 50)
- the standard/reputation of the medicine courses
- nightlife (this is a big factor for me, as I want to enjoy my time in uni)
- busy, bustling city vibe (like London - I really want this atmosphere)
- student satisfaction
- multiculturalism (basically not only white people lol 😆 )
- people are mostly friendly
What I've heard so far (correct me if I'm wrong):
- Edinburgh is a very prestige uni, and the nightlife is ok
- KLC is also very prestige, but apparently has low student satisfaction rates, is too expensive and thus has poor nightlife (but has bustling city vibe)
- Birmingham is kind of prestige, has good nightlife, and has the bustling city vibe
- Sheffield is not really prestige, but has amazing nightlife (one of the top in UK), but lacks bustling city vibe
^^I'm not sure about the multiculturalism of any of the above / the 'friendliness' of people haha
All responses/advice will be much appreciated, thanks!