The Student Room Group

boy advice

so I started talking to a guy about a week ago. I wouldn't consider him a friend yet but he's an ok guy. He's 26 and lives half way across the world from me. He's giving me mixed signals and i need advice. I don't really talk to guys since its never been my thing so i need help.

So I'm 19 and he told me from the beginning that he considers me as a younger sister once and i have no problem with that, we've never seen each other and i have no intention either, and I'm not really attracted to his personality.
When we chat he gets hot and cold, usually I'm a listener but with him i force myself to become a talker. He always gives short answers and only ever talks a bit more if we're on a controversial topic. Now the part I'm confused is he randomly calls me brat, cute, tiny, beautiful, and has nicknames like little lamb and chubby cheeks. Like what's that? Is he possible attracted to me?
I've tried not initiating the conversation for a couple days and so far he's been the one to start it so he's ok on that. But other than that he doesn't ever seem interested in our convo and we don't really have anything in common. He once blasted me for mentioning my age and his and he said it was annoying and to stop. He constantly reminds me that he has other friends and I'm like ok because i don't care. Its like he's threatening me. Because of his lack of convo I always get annoyed and he has the same response all the time. Its either, kk, oh and hmmm. Should I stick around? And what's his problem?
Reply 1
There's no benefit in continuing to communicate with him. Don't overthink it; just end things and move on.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
so I started talking to a guy about a week ago. I wouldn't consider him a friend yet but he's an ok guy. He's 26 and lives half way across the world from me. He's giving me mixed signals and i need advice. I don't really talk to guys since its never been my thing so i need help.

So I'm 19 and he told me from the beginning that he considers me as a younger sister once and i have no problem with that, we've never seen each other and i have no intention either, and I'm not really attracted to his personality.
When we chat he gets hot and cold, usually I'm a listener but with him i force myself to become a talker. He always gives short answers and only ever talks a bit more if we're on a controversial topic. Now the part I'm confused is he randomly calls me brat, cute, tiny, beautiful, and has nicknames like little lamb and chubby cheeks. Like what's that? Is he possible attracted to me?
I've tried not initiating the conversation for a couple days and so far he's been the one to start it so he's ok on that. But other than that he doesn't ever seem interested in our convo and we don't really have anything in common. He once blasted me for mentioning my age and his and he said it was annoying and to stop. He constantly reminds me that he has other friends and I'm like ok because i don't care. Its like he's threatening me. Because of his lack of convo I always get annoyed and he has the same response all the time. Its either, kk, oh and hmmm. Should I stick around? And what's his problem?

Do the same to him
Make nicknames and only reply with ok, hmm
See if he notices and asks you why.
If he does carry it on for a while and he’ll probably start to talk to you
People only care about someone when they’ve lost them, so he’ll probably realise how you’ve been distancing yourself and start to talk to you more
Original post by Anonymous #2
Do the same to him
People only care about someone when they’ve lost them, so he’ll probably realise how you’ve been distancing yourself and start to talk to you more

Actually no not make nicknames lol
Actually no not make nicknames lol

Cuz nicknames are considered a friendly thing
Oh wait he might just be shy
But distance yourself and see if he notices
Reply 5
Do the same to him

I tried that on the first day he just left mid convo and I continued to do it just not too much and he doesn't really take much notice. He also seems to have like a hate for rich people and like makes fun of me because like I've mentioned that i like shopping and he thinks i waste money and am spoiled. I stopped initiating convos with him too but he does like start them first now. Its just i have nothing to talk to him about and honestly my energy drains when chatting with him. But I'm also slightly excited when he texts. I know though i definitely do not like him.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1
I tried that on the first day he just left mid convo and I continued to do it just not too much and he doesn't really take much notice. He also seems to have like a hate for rich people and like makes fun of me because like I've mentioned that i like shopping and he thinks i waste money and am spoiled. I stopped initiating convos with him too but he does like start them first now. Its just i have nothing to talk to him about and honestly my energy drains when chatting with him. But I'm also slightly excited when he texts. I know though i definitely do not like him.

Also he mentioned he has had ex-girlfriends who were all apparently crazy and I'm taking that as a red flag since he seems to be the common factor in the relationships. He also said that it was a big deal that he gave his Instagram to me because he's been cheated and spammed before, but he has no posts, stories, nothing. And when we started texting he was like 'I cant wait to see you', which was creepy to me. But I have no intention whatsoever to show myself. We text on Instagram and I have no problem since i have nothing personal on it.
Yeah he seems kinda weird tbh
If he drains your energy when talking to him and you’re always the one who has to start conversation then those are traits of a toxic person
If he doesn’t care about whether you talk to him or not probably means he’s not attracted to you but just is a person who he knows.
I don’t think you should carry on talking to him if he acts weird like that
Just completely ignore him and see what happens then
Or act how you feel
If you feel annoyed act annoyed if you’re angry act angry and if he asks what’s wrong then tell him what’s wrong
Reply 8
What is the point of this if you are never going to meet?? What a waste of your time and headspace. Dont give him another thought.

Forget about him and try to meet people who live near you.
Original post by rfit
What is the point of this if you are never going to meet?? What a waste of your time and headspace. Dont give him another thought.

Forget about him and try to meet people who live near you.

Omg I literally read half way across the street bruh
Loll forget that ***** he’s probably one of those ppl who want you to send nudes or smt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending