The Student Room Group

School absence

(Mind the grammar)

So I skipped school today and I left my house at 10 I told my parents that im going to school I didn’t have an initial plan on what I was gonna do but anyways I called my grandma and I asked to go to her house she said Yh I left my yard n went on bus (11) n at 12 40 both my parents start ringing me and I’m trynna ignore it but they keep calling me and I started calling my grandma asking her what to do (she went shops idk y) she’s telling me to tell my marj that I’m at hers (I was scared idk y) I was like what to I say I don’t what to say n she tells me she’s gonna call. So she calls and at like 2 she calls back saying I’m ****ed apparently the skl called my parents and asked where I was my parents said I was there skl said I wasn’t my parents told them to look for me in classes they did I wasn’t there and then my dad starts calling the police and gave them my details n my mum gets the call from my grandma n apparently my dads bare vexed
Apparently social services are on my ass idk y
The school are gonna talk to me about something tmr idk what
I’m supposed to be flying out somewhere tmr for this thing I have n idk what to do
What should I tell the skl
Original post by Anonymous
(Mind the grammar)

So I skipped school today and I left my house at 10 I told my parents that im going to school I didn’t have an initial plan on what I was gonna do but anyways I called my grandma and I asked to go to her house she said Yh I left my yard n went on bus (11) n at 12 40 both my parents start ringing me and I’m trynna ignore it but they keep calling me and I started calling my grandma asking her what to do (she went shops idk y) she’s telling me to tell my marj that I’m at hers (I was scared idk y) I was like what to I say I don’t what to say n she tells me she’s gonna call. So she calls and at like 2 she calls back saying I’m ****ed apparently the skl called my parents and asked where I was my parents said I was there skl said I wasn’t my parents told them to look for me in classes they did I wasn’t there and then my dad starts calling the police and gave them my details n my mum gets the call from my grandma n apparently my dads bare vexed
Apparently social services are on my ass idk y
The school are gonna talk to me about something tmr idk what
I’m supposed to be flying out somewhere tmr for this thing I have n idk what to do
What should I tell the skl

Well, it depends on what they ask, given that you say, "The school are gonna talk to me about something tmr idk what".

You've been caught skipping school. Your best option is to tell school and your parents why.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Well, it depends on what they ask, given that you say, "The school are gonna talk to me about something tmr idk what".

You've been caught skipping school. Your best option is to tell school and your parents why.

My mum said I should’ve told her and my dad isn’t really that mad anymore (well I think he isn’t)
Original post by Anonymous
My mum said I should’ve told her and my dad isn’t really that mad anymore (well I think he isn’t)

Your parents were probably panicking about what might have happened to you on your way to school.

Fear, and the resulting relief when you were found, can sometimes manifest itself as anger.
Reply 4
That's quite an escalation for social services to be involved for skipping school for a day; is there something you're not telling us (don't beed details, just yes or no, maybe)? And you haven't said why you skipped school, either.

Apparently you have approved absence to be out of school to fly somewhere for 'a thing', so yes, the school will chase up if you're missing before that; most places will do that anyway. You'll just have to be honest, but if a meeting clashes with your flight plans you've messed things up by breaking people's trust.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
That's quite an escalation for social services to be involved for skipping school for a day; is there something you're not telling us (don't beed details, just yes or no, maybe)? And you haven't said why you skipped school, either.

Apparently you have approved absence to be out of school to fly somewhere for 'a thing', so yes, the school will chase up if you're missing before that; most places will do that anyway. You'll just have to be honest, but if a meeting clashes with your flight plans you've messed things up by breaking people's trust.

Social services were apparently called (I think by the school idk) because they thought my parents didn’t look aft me because they didn’t know where I was

But everything’s alright now they just asked me why I weren’t there n that’s it
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
Your parents were probably panicking about what might have happened to you on your way to school.

Fear, and the resulting relief when you were found, can sometimes manifest itself as anger.

Yh my dad isn’t talking to me but it’s klm and I’m heading to my flight

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending