The Student Room Group

Physics help chemistry help maths help

I think imma flop my mocks please help
Reply 1
Original post by Vlone3213413312

Hey I'm in year 12 and I also have mocks coming up. I'm going to recycle some advice I gave to a GCSE Student. I used this method for my GCSES and use it currently too and It works well. Bear with me whilst I change some things to suit AS-Levels more.

Some of this may help: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790
Reply 3

If you haven't already started sitting past papers I'd say plan to sit them with a couple days in between so you can mark it, review it, maybe watch a walkthrough of the paper on YouTube, identify topics you need to work on and then revise for the next paper. I did this for GCSE and I'm currently doing this for A-Levels and it works really well for me at least (don't forget revision methods work differently for everyone).

This means you get exam practise, Mark it yourself and understand how mark schemes work, you mimic exam conditions to prepare you for the real thing, identify topics you struggle on and most importantly CONSOLIDATE your learning after sitting these. There's no in point sitting papers if you don't review and practise questions after by actively targeting what your bad at. Its uncomfortable at first but IMPERATIVE for improvement.

Here's what I'd advise you to do:

Space out papers so you sit one every 3/4 days
Sit the papers in order of years including the SAM and Specimen Paper
Mark them and watch a exam walkthrough of the paper alongside - refer to it when your confused about a question and the mark scheme isn't enough
Sit them in EXAM CONDITIONS!!

To revise after having sat a paper:

Use Bicen maths google drive questions which can be accessed on his Youtube. Maybe also try using the Madas/I.Y.G.B Papers on PMT as exam questions to follow up your exam practise too. These will push you and expose you to harder questions which you WANT to be doing if you want good grades no matter how uncomfortable getting things wrong repeatedly is because its a process and doesn't work overnight but I GUARANTEE you it absolutely worked for me.

Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest