The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

Sgul no campus

I was wondering if the fact that SGUL doesn’t have a proper campus has affected the student life and atmosphere at all.

I’m trying to decide on my firm and insurance choices and this is something that I haven’t seen at other unis so I don’t know how it would influence the “typical” uni experience that you can expect on a campus uni.

Thank you :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
My boyfriend goes to SGUL and he’s doing his second degree there. He honestly recommends going to SGUL if you are doing a masters or you have already done a degree elsewhere and want to further your education (second degree). It really takes away the uni life aspect because it’s very healthcare based. If you are not studying something within healthcare I doubt you’d enjoy your time there because there’s less societies in comparison to other unis and also they prioritise medical student heavily. But if you don’t care about uni life and you just want to study and graduate then I’d say go for it

Sorry for the long winded response I hope it helps 😅 xx
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
Original post by emefah.k
My boyfriend goes to SGUL and he’s doing his second degree there. He honestly recommends going to SGUL if you are doing a masters or you have already done a degree elsewhere and want to further your education (second degree). It really takes away the uni life aspect because it’s very healthcare based. If you are not studying something within healthcare I doubt you’d enjoy your time there because there’s less societies in comparison to other unis and also they prioritise medical student heavily. But if you don’t care about uni life and you just want to study and graduate then I’d say go for it

Sorry for the long winded response I hope it helps 😅 xx

Ah thank you so much. It’s given me a lot to think about.

It will be my first degree and I’m doing paramedic science so I definitely want to be able to have some of the social life that’s so hyped up about uni before I start a career that doesn’t really allow me to do that.

I was also wondering if you could clarify the bit about studying healthcare. As I am studying paramedic science does that mean I will or won’t enjoy it and for what reason.

(Don’t worry about being too long winded, I definitely am too lol)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
hey, sorry for the late reply I had exams. Basically you will definitely benefit more from this uni than say someone who was studying law or media studies because the uni is very healthcare centred. The one thing I can say though is don't be too worried about freshers and uni life etc because they also do some events that are collaborations with other unis. So don't feel as though you will be missing out on other aspects of uni life; university is what you make of it- you get what you give in :smile:
P.S check on twitter for university group chats too
Original post by LiliaBIsMe
Ah thank you so much. It’s given me a lot to think about.

It will be my first degree and I’m doing paramedic science so I definitely want to be able to have some of the social life that’s so hyped up about uni before I start a career that doesn’t really allow me to do that.

I was also wondering if you could clarify the bit about studying healthcare. As I am studying paramedic science does that mean I will or won’t enjoy it and for what reason.

(Don’t worry about being too long winded, I definitely am too lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending