The Student Room Group

Scottish Government Graduate Development Programme 2023

Has anyone applied to this programme? If yes, how are the initial tests?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sctorch
Has anyone applied to this programme? If yes, how are the initial tests?

Anyone received their results yet?
Reply 2
I got very mixed results so I don't think I will progress to the assessment centre unfortunately.
Reply 3
Original post by Sctorch
I got very mixed results so I don't think I will progress to the assessment centre unfortunately.

The wording on mine was strange, I didn’t think it was very clear? What was yours?
Reply 4
Hi! Glad I can across this thread. Have either of you heard back about assessment centres yet?
Reply 5
I got my assessment results a week or two ago too, but no news since.
Reply 6
Original post by Hanrouss
I got my assessment results a week or two ago too, but no news since.

Ah, me too! Said it email they’d get in touch in the next couple of weeks so I think we should hear by Friday! How was your feedback?
Reply 7
No idea lol! It said I did above average on the reasoning part, but it’s difficult to tell if the other parts are good, bad or average!😂 Just depends on what profile they’re looking for I guess?

How about you?
Original post by marynoble
Ah, me too! Said it email they’d get in touch in the next couple of weeks so I think we should hear by Friday! How was your feedback?
Reply 8
Original post by Hanrouss
No idea lol! It said I did above average on the reasoning part, but it’s difficult to tell if the other parts are good, bad or average!😂 Just depends on what profile they’re looking for I guess?

How about you?

Same boat 😂 got the ‘above average’ line but no more info given. The personality test, as you say, you can’t tell if good or bad. I was unsure about the ‘above average’ comment as thought there may be a higher tier above that, so not sure if it makes me feel confident or not!
Reply 9
hi I am also in the same situation, has anyone received any confirmation yet?
Reply 10
Hi! I received an email two weeks ago which said that I had passed the initial assessment and was emailed today to pick a date for the assessment centre
Reply 11
Original post by p3nny
Hi! I received an email two weeks ago which said that I had passed the initial assessment and was emailed today to pick a date for the assessment centre

Congratulations! That’s amazing news. I hope
you are pleased. When your received the initial email what did your assessment report say?
Reply 12
anyone else still waiting?
Reply 13
I’m the same, I heard a couple weeks ago, then a few days ago asked to select assessment date
Reply 14
Original post by Macback200
I’m the same, I heard a couple weeks ago, then a few days ago asked to select assessment date

Congrats! I’m still waiting, but sounds like successful offers have gone out then. What was your feedback report like?
Reply 15
Original post by marynoble
Congrats! I’m still waiting, but sounds like successful offers have gone out then. What was your feedback report like?

Thank you! Double check your emails, I had originally only seen the email for my feedback, and it wasn’t too bad, although definitely didn’t look as though I would have got through to next stage. It wasn’t until I was on my emails I realised I had an email from the day before to say I got through, so that was before feedback was released… not sure if it is same for everyone! Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 16
Original post by Macback200
Thank you! Double check your emails, I had originally only seen the email for my feedback, and it wasn’t too bad, although definitely didn’t look as though I would have got through to next stage. It wasn’t until I was on my emails I realised I had an email from the day before to say I got through, so that was before feedback was released… not sure if it is same for everyone! Fingers crossed for you!

What was the email subject if you don't mind me asking? I've given up at this point but it would be nice to hear either way if I've made it or not.
Reply 17
Original post by SambeexD
anyone else still waiting?

Still waiting myself.

My results look like this:

Understanding & Developing self / Average

Early Leadership / Average (+ some tidbits about being a good listener)

Communicating & Engaging / Average (+ some tidbits about taking a flexible view on issues)

Changing & Improving / Above average

Analysis & Use of evidence / Above average

General Reasoning / Average
Reply 18
Original post by hume113
What was the email subject if you don't mind me asking? I've given up at this point but it would be nice to hear either way if I've made it or not.

It was along lines of “Scottish Government Job Application for 2023 Graduate Development Programme”
Reply 19
Has anyone who was also waiting heard back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest