The Student Room Group

Spanish Speaking in 6 days

I have my spanish speaking exam (eduqas) and its too late for me to memorise my general conversation answers cos my memory isnt good enough i dont kno what to do because my vocab isnt great either and there isnt much resources for eduqas spanish so please help im lost
Original post by anon2911
I have my spanish speaking exam (eduqas) and its too late for me to memorise my general conversation answers cos my memory isnt good enough i dont kno what to do because my vocab isnt great either and there isnt much resources for eduqas spanish so please help im lost

Hi there!
I did german, not spanish but try out this: https://app.memrise.com/course/1899978/gcse-spanish-speaking-exam/ It should help with vocab and key phrases you need to know. You'll need to create an account but it's free :-)

Rather than memorise, write yourself out some questions and ask yourself them at random. It'll force you to be more spontaneous and hopefully it'll make you more confident than making yourself rely on memorising chucks of texts.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by anon2911

I did AQA but it's possible to memorise answers in little time but if you have 50+ general conversation questions it will be hard to memorise all the answers. Instead if the questions are all quite similar then ie if one question is where you live and the second is do you like where you live you can turn that into one answer and talk about all of that in one question. Another thing to do is just learn some set phrases.
conditional - Me gustaría + verb : i would like to *insert verb*
Example of answer for "Where do you live?:
Vivo en una casa en el sur de Londres con mis padres. Me gusta mi casa porque vivo cerca de mi insitituto. Pero, me gustaría vivir en una piso cuando tengas dieciocho anos. (sorry for the missing accents I can't put them on my keyboard.)
The translation for this is: I live in a house in the south of London with my parents. I like my house because i live near my school. But, I would like to live in a flat when I have 18 years.
me gustaría vivir - example of the conditional tense
cuando tengas dieciocho anos - present subjuntive tense
Using complex structures like that can be the difference between a grade boundary. It will be hard to learn all the conjugations in 6 days so learning the phrases like that is your best bet. If you want some more set phrases let me know and I can give a list.

Another non-active revision you can do is listen to Spanish songs and translate them in your head. If you don't know a word you can use spanishdict.com to help you translate it. This will help you practice for when your teacher asks you the questions in spanish.

Make sure to learn the meanings of the questions. Otherwise, even if you know your answers, you won't know what they're asking and what to answer with.
Original post by _user_
I did AQA but it's possible to memorise answers in little time but if you have 50+ general conversation questions it will be hard to memorise all the answers. Instead if the questions are all quite similar then ie if one question is where you live and the second is do you like where you live you can turn that into one answer and talk about all of that in one question. Another thing to do is just learn some set phrases.
conditional - Me gustaría + verb : i would like to *insert verb*
Example of answer for "Where do you live?:
Vivo en una casa en el sur de Londres con mis padres. Me gusta mi casa porque vivo cerca de mi insitituto. Pero, me gustaría vivir en una piso cuando tengas dieciocho anos. (sorry for the missing accents I can't put them on my keyboard.)
The translation for this is: I live in a house in the south of London with my parents. I like my house because i live near my school. But, I would like to live in a flat when I have 18 years.
me gustaría vivir - example of the conditional tense
cuando tengas dieciocho anos - present subjuntive tense
Using complex structures like that can be the difference between a grade boundary. It will be hard to learn all the conjugations in 6 days so learning the phrases like that is your best bet. If you want some more set phrases let me know and I can give a list.

Another non-active revision you can do is listen to Spanish songs and translate them in your head. If you don't know a word you can use spanishdict.com to help you translate it. This will help you practice for when your teacher asks you the questions in spanish.

Make sure to learn the meanings of the questions. Otherwise, even if you know your answers, you won't know what they're asking and what to answer with.

Piso is a masculine noun: it's un piso, not una piso.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending