The Student Room Group

oxbridge acceptance with average gcses

Is it possible to get into Oxbridge law if i got average gcse grades ( 9,9,7,7,7,6,6,6,5) but i am currently achieving 4 A* at alevel?
Reply 1
no they'll see that 5 and raze your house to the ground in a fit of rage
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ieattoast420
Is it possible to get into Oxbridge law if i got average gcse grades ( 9,9,7,7,7,6,6,6,5) but i am currently achieving 4 A* at alevel?

You should apply and hope for the best. If you meet certain contextual flags like social mobility, you could be competitive.
Reply 3
Original post by jamsparkle
no they'll see that 5 and raze your house to the ground in a fit of rage

lol it was in spanish, hoping as it has nothing to do with my subjects they wont care that much but idk
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
You should apply and hope for the best. If you meet certain contextual flags like social mobility, you could be competitive.

i go to (and always have gone) to a state school, but it is quite high performing so im not sure lol
Reply 5
lol it was in spanish, hoping as it has nothing to do with my subjects they wont care that much but idk

oxf is more gcse heavy than cambs but you should just apply to the one you like the course at more - you still have 4 other choices and the only way to guarantee you don't get in is by not applying
Reply 6
i go to (and always have gone) to a state school, but it is quite high performing so im not sure lol

Ok. I suggest that you apply to Cambridge. If you have any other flags like being poor or first in family to go to uni then call them out.

If you choose to apply to Cambridge, choose Homerton. Good luck.
Reply 7
Original post by jamsparkle
oxf is more gcse heavy than cambs but you should just apply to the one you like the course at more - you still have 4 other choices and the only way to guarantee you don't get in is by not applying

i have a lot of family who attended oxford but it seems a lot more snooty so id probably rather cambridge lol, i also know a lot of professors at cambridge and they are chill as hell so it seems cool there
Reply 8
i have a lot of family who attended oxford but it seems a lot more snooty so id probably rather cambridge lol, i also know a lot of professors at cambridge and they are chill as hell so it seems cool there

Choose Cambridge (Homerton College).
Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800
Ok. I suggest that you apply to Cambridge. If you have any other flags like being poor or first in family to go to uni then call them out.

If you choose to apply to Cambridge, choose Homerton. Good luck.

thank you, i appreciate this feedback :smile: out of curiosity though, why homerton lol
thank you, i appreciate this feedback :smile: out of curiosity though, why homerton lol

Chill vibes. Friendly community. Good atmosphere.
Classic student room post
Reply 12
Original post by LawStudent456
Classic student room post

lol i know i feel very typical

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending