The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Combined 1SC0 2BH - 9th Jun 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier Combined exam go?

Edexcel GCSE Biology Combined Science Paper 2 Higher (1SC0 2BH) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th June 2023/ PM
Length: 1h 10m

Resources
Pearson Edexcel (Biology)

(edited 12 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Im scared
Hey everyone :smile: How did today's exam go for you?

GCSE Combined Science

last question was beautiful but I made a silly mistake in that 1 mark to convert millimetres into micrometers )): and the denitrifying bacteria + that graph for menstrual cycle was so confusing idk what the graphic designer was thinking: I crossed out the right answer but generally the paper was alright
Reply 4
What did people get for the surface area one with 280 mil and 1mil and 0.25m^2 also I loved that 6 marker so much, I wrote a full page.
This could be wrong but i multiplied 280 by 0.25 as it was 1 million alveoli meaning that there is 280 of the same surface…I hope I didn’t get it wrong saw someone doing a whole page on it and pretty sure I saw square roots and ratios😭😭
Original post by Dd/xr
What did people get for the surface area one with 280 mil and 1mil and 0.25m^2 also I loved that 6 marker so much, I wrote a full page.
Reply 6
Original post by garniersucks
This could I be wrong but i multiplied 280 by 0.25 as it was 1 million alveoli meaning that there is 280 of the same surface…I hope I didn’t get it wrong saw someone doing a whole page on it and pretty sure I saw square roots and ratios😭😭

I got 140 million as 70 million per lung
^^ sorry if I sound dumb but why did you halve is it because it’s one alveolus per lung? + didn’t it ask for the surface area? or I did I read the question wrong
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
This could be wrong but i multiplied 280 by 0.25 as it was 1 million alveoli meaning that there is 280 of the same surface…I hope I didn’t get it wrong saw someone doing a whole page on it and pretty sure I saw square roots and ratios😭😭

I did that too!! 😭
Reply 9
How did everyone find it? I thought it was pretty good but I forgot the inverse square law :frown: still, its okay if i lose a few marks and i think ill be okay for biology!
Reply 10
^^ sorry if I sound dumb but why did you halve is it because it’s one alveolus per lung? + didn’t it ask for the surface area? or I did I read the equation wrong

It was 280 million. 0.25m2 per million. 0.25 x 280 = 70
70 x 2 as you have two lungs
Original post by Ewennnnn
It was 280 million. 0.25m2 per million. 0.25 x 280 = 70
70 x 2 as you have two lungs

Ohhh okay so you got 140 m^2 well I don’t remember the question clearly if it said lungs or lung…oh well ig I picked up a mark out of the two I thought the second mark came from writing the correct units
Reply 12
Original post by angelli
How did everyone find it? I thought it was pretty good but I forgot the inverse square law :frown: still, its okay if i lose a few marks and i think ill be okay for biology!

im actually mad because we didnt get taught inverse square law, i couldnt find anything on it in past books or revision notes the school gave us.
Reply 13
What did u guys get for the questuob where there were 2 one markers over each other anf it was abt diavetes?
For the first one u put insulin and for the second i put muscles....
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 14
what was the explain the results from the pondweed in the light question
Reply 15
Original post by angelli

Did everyone get 0.016 or something. I used the 1/d^2 formula. This question stressed me OUT >.<
(edited 10 months ago)
I got that😎

Original post by L4I8A
Did everyone get 0.016 or something. I used the 1/d^2 formula. This question stressed me OUT >.<
twas a disaster
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by L4I8A

wasn't it 0.0016 (an extra 0) because the previous entry in the table was 0.0025
Original post by Dd/xr

What was the 6 marker?

Latest

Trending

Trending