The Student Room Group

Apprentice employers

Hi 👋,

So I've got a huge problem currently with my apprenticeship. I've been doing it for 9 months and have about a year or so left until its over, if I leave before this then I have to pay the company £5000. Its been okay for the first 7 months but then something drastically changed. Past few months me and 2 other employees have been treated VERY differently. People are now very cold with us and we have tried to ask what's up but very blunt answers are returned which doesn't explain anything. The other 2 who are being treated like this are considering leaving but they are normal employees not apprentices so they owe nothing and also if they leave then its going to be even worse having nobody to go to about this. The people who are being very cold are part of management so it's not like .... I can go to management about it. And before this we were all very close. I'm incredibly confused but I'm also every day now I feel sick to my stomach with anxiety with work. I would leave in a heartbeat if I didn't owe money.

Additionally going to HR isn't much of an option as in my company they have a reputation for telling u to " deal with it ". If anyone has any advice it would be so greatly appreciated.
Original post by Lola245
Hi 👋,

So I've got a huge problem currently with my apprenticeship. I've been doing it for 9 months and have about a year or so left until its over, if I leave before this then I have to pay the company £5000. Its been okay for the first 7 months but then something drastically changed. Past few months me and 2 other employees have been treated VERY differently. People are now very cold with us and we have tried to ask what's up but very blunt answers are returned which doesn't explain anything. The other 2 who are being treated like this are considering leaving but they are normal employees not apprentices so they owe nothing and also if they leave then its going to be even worse having nobody to go to about this. The people who are being very cold are part of management so it's not like .... I can go to management about it. And before this we were all very close. I'm incredibly confused but I'm also every day now I feel sick to my stomach with anxiety with work. I would leave in a heartbeat if I didn't owe money.

Additionally going to HR isn't much of an option as in my company they have a reputation for telling u to " deal with it ". If anyone has any advice it would be so greatly appreciated.

Best thing to do would be to focus on what you need to do rather than what other's plan to do.
You have invested 9 months already. Stick out the 12 months finish up and continue elsewhere would be the smartest decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending