The Student Room Group

gcse aqa spoken language assessment

so i'm a private candidate n so would b doing mine w a teacher but can any1 give me any tips on how to specifically word/write (?) my actual speech thing to get the distinction mark??? i'm gonna be talking ab the tiny house movement n it's benefits but idk how to write what i wanna say,,, like i'll talk ab how it's cheap, sustainable/enviro friendly & how it's attractive but i wanna say all this w in 3 mins cus i want it to b short. i rlyyyy need an ex para cus it's like 7 days b4 the deadline n i'm only realising now help <333333

++ also can i jus make one point rather than the 3 i thought of or would it b too short
Reply 1
Original post by mzzz_k
so i'm a private candidate n so would b doing mine w a teacher but can any1 give me any tips on how to specifically word/write (?) my actual speech thing to get the distinction mark??? i'm gonna be talking ab the tiny house movement n it's benefits but idk how to write what i wanna say,,, like i'll talk ab how it's cheap, sustainable/enviro friendly & how it's attractive but i wanna say all this w in 3 mins cus i want it to b short. i rlyyyy need an ex para cus it's like 7 days b4 the deadline n i'm only realising now help <333333

++ also can i jus make one point rather than the 3 i thought of or would it b too short

I'm not sure about the topic specifically but what I did was I wrote out my speech but structured it as an essay. But make sure to use speech-specific techniques such as dramatic pauses. I used Point Evidence Explanation for each point I made but made sure to include Pathos, Logos and Ethos. I would also advise you have the three points to show a development to your speech. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by _user_
I'm not sure about the topic specifically but what I did was I wrote out my speech but structured it as an essay. But make sure to use speech-specific techniques such as dramatic pauses. I used Point Evidence Explanation for each point I made but made sure to include Pathos, Logos and Ethos. I would also advise you have the three points to show a development to your speech. Hope this helps!

ahh thank u!!! but when u acc did the speech itself, did u read off a piece of paper (cus u said it was like an essay) or did u use like cue cards to help u?? & can i even read it off a piece of paper rather than using cue cards????? (i'll make sure to "look" at my audience n stuff)
Reply 3
Original post by mzzz_k
ahh thank u!!! but when u acc did the speech itself, did u read off a piece of paper (cus u said it was like an essay) or did u use like cue cards to help u?? & can i even read it off a piece of paper rather than using cue cards????? (i'll make sure to "look" at my audience n stuff)

First I read my speech and found some key words that were important to the speech. With these key words I wrote basic sentences around them and highlighted those words. So that my speech had some direction to it. Something else you could do is include a real life example. For example if your speech was about a form of discrimination you could talk about the impact that that form of discrimination had on either you, a family member or a friend. Really try connect to your speech as though this really impacted you and show some sort of caring towards the topic. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending