The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex deposit?

I applied for an msc course at Essex online and was accepted “We need your acceptance form and deposit. Don't forget, you need to sign your acceptance form and make your first payment.”
The person who messaged me is on holiday for two weeks.

But then in the deposit policy it says: “Applicants required to pay a tuition fee deposit 1. Postgraduate taught courses and research degrees
Applicants not required to pay a tuition fee deposit 2. The following applicants will be exempt from the requirement to pay a deposit: 2.1. Applicants that do not need a Student visa to study in the UK.

I could never afford a deposit to study. I do not need a visa to study in UK

https://www1.essex.ac.uk/tuitionfeedeposit/documents/tuition_fee_deposit_policy.pdf
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by JamesManc
I applied for an msc course at Essex online and was accepted “We need your acceptance form and deposit. Don't forget, you need to sign your acceptance form and make your first payment.”
The person who messaged me is on holiday for two weeks.

But then in the deposit policy it says: “Applicants required to pay a tuition fee deposit 1. Postgraduate taught courses and research degrees
Applicants not required to pay a tuition fee deposit 2. The following applicants will be exempt from the requirement to pay a deposit: 2.1. Applicants that do not need a Student visa to study in the UK.

I could never afford a deposit to study. I do not need a visa to study in UK

https://www1.essex.ac.uk/tuitionfeedeposit/documents/tuition_fee_deposit_policy.pdf

Hey @JamesManc

You might have been sent an automated email, say if you've applied directly and not through UCAS. I've not heard of a course deposit for UK students before, are you self-funding or going through student finance?

The post grad admissions team should be able to help or direct you to the best point of contact for Essex Online, here's their email if you don't have it already: [email protected]

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey @JamesManc

You might have been sent an automated email, say if you've applied directly and not through UCAS. I've not heard of a course deposit for UK students before, are you self-funding or going through student finance?

The post grad admissions team should be able to help or direct you to the best point of contact for Essex Online, here's their email if you don't have it already: [email protected]

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

I emailed, I would phone but I don't have a functioning phone rn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending